Disclaimer: This is a user generated content for MyStory, a YourStory initiative to enable its community to contribute and have their voices heard. The views and writings here reflect that of the author and not of YourStory.
10 things to know about GST Registration
GST Registration starts from 8th November across many states for all the existing taxpayers having valid VAT Number, Service Tax Number, Excise Number, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax or Entertainment Tax Number. Have a look at few things on GST Registration:
1. Website for GST Registration shall be www.gst.gov.in.
2. There is no governmental charge for GST Registration.
3. Username and Password shall be provided by your respective state VAT department
4. Mobile Number and Email Address shall be the prerequisite for GST Registration
5. One Time Password (OTP) shall be sent in the Mobile Number and Email Address
6. At the time of GST Registration, a Provisional Registration Number shall be provided
7. Timeline for GST Registration for particular states has been provided
8. Particular set of documents are required for GST Registration
9. GST Registration shall be mandatory for all taxpayers even though the limit is below 20 lakhs.
10. Digital Signature shall be compulsory for taking GST Registration.
Updates from around the world