Easy Ways to Fix Common MS Outlook (2019/2016/2013) Errors
The solution for handling the common MS Outlook errors which occur during the send receive operation of emails. After doing a lot of brainstorming I pointed out that what a PST file is and why these errors take place. Hope it will provide a solution to all your queries. So without wasting time, let’s get started.
What is PST File
PST signify “Personal Storage Table”. Which is kind of a Backup System for the MS Outlook. It is a file format that stores copies of messages, events, calendars, and other data entities within Microsoft applications.
The key goal of the PST file is to store archived data from the mail server to make it available for offline use and to store the OST files (Outlook storage table) also. It becomes easier to save mail server storage space by saving data over PST files.
PST’s are supported by multiple Microsoft applications like
- Microsoft Exchange Client.
- Windows Messaging.
- Microsoft Outlook.
Common Errors of Outlook PST:
- Messaging interface has caused an unknown error
- oooo.pst cannot be accessed - 0x80040116.
- The file oooo.pst is not a personal folders file.
- The file oooo.pst could not be found.
- The sending reportedly Outlook 0x800ccc0f error.
- File oooo.pst could not be accessed. Data error: Cyclic redundancy check
- Unable to display the folder. The file oooo.pst could not be accessed. Access denied.
- An unknown error has occurred. 0o80040119
- An unknown error has occurred. 0o80040600
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Can’t move the items. Could not Move the item. The original was either moved or deleted, or access was denied.
- Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file xxxx.pst cannot be opened.
- Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied.
- Can’t move the items. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.
Reasons of Common Outlook Errors
There are multiple reasons which could be a cause to the dawn of these errors.
- Hardware (Physical damage to drives sectors).
- Malicious file interruption (Virus attack).
- Hasty outlook termination (sudden termination of outlook).
- Titanic size PST files (Size exceeding the limit for the file).
- Even bad recovery Tools (They can add garbage values in front or end of file by which the header of the file get corrupted).
How to Remove PST Errors
Problems are made to be resolved and when it comes to PST, there are various methods to resolve PST error(s). Some are provided by Microsoft itself and some are precautions that you can take during the handling of PST.
The easy way to fix up these common Microsoft Outlook PST error(s) is to the use tool provided by the Microsoft itself, which is “Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE)”. It helps out to solve .pst and .ost files. This tools check for all outlook files over your PC, that they’re good in shape or not and fix them. Below is the Method to use SCANPST.EXE
- Exit Outlook if open and then browse to one of the following file locations:
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Run “SCANPST.EXE”.
- Click on Browse to select the Outlook PST File (.pst) you want to scan.
- Press Start to begin the scan.
- If the scan finds any errors, select Repair to start the process for fixing them.
- Whenever the repair is complete, start Outlook again with the profile associated with the Outlook PST File that you repaired.
But it is possible that some of the errors can’t be resolved so for that you can go for automated tools available in the Market/Internet. One which I found useful was Outlook PST Repair Tool. The Tool is good enough to repair PST files. You can rely on it.
Most of the errors are due to massive sized PST files, which are exceeding the defined limit size. If you take precautions then there are really fewer chances you to get trapped into errors or failures. If still there are failures, then the method mentioned above will help you out in most of the cases.
So, these were easy ways to fix up common MS Outlook (2019/2016/2013) PST errors.