How to build an on-demand business app like Go-Jek? Technical stack of Go-Jek explained
Wondering how GO-JEK managed to secure such a massive success in the on-demand scenario? Have the courage to be the next big thing in on-demand business? Let us pilot you through the process of becoming the best in on-demand industry.
On-demand is in demand, way to go.
So, how progressive the on-demand economy is now? Hope this below given statistics can help you get some insights on the same.
- The global taxi market worth $108 Billion as of now.
- They handle approx 15 million ride-hailing trips per/day globally. This number is expected to reach 97 million by 2030.
- The estimated value of GO-JEK is $3 billion.
- The average income of full-time GO-JEK driver partners is Rp 3.48 million per month, which is s 1.25 times higher than the average minimum wage in Indonesia.
Now, do you think the on-demand can make an optimistic difference in your entrepreneurship life? Do you believe you can contribute to the welfare of the world through on-demand? If yes, you are entitled to be a part of the on-demand family.
Technologies Behind GO-JEK App
Development Language- As GO-JEK implies one of the prominent on-demand services providers in the global market. They have utilized the best possible technologies to make sure that everything is going as planned. For the development purpose alone they adopted programming languages such as Java, JRuby, Golang, Clojure, and Swift.
Frameworks and Tools
Apart from the coding languages used the GO-JEK used certain frameworks and tools to reach the goal they had in mind. Those frameworks/tools include Rails, Spring, Clojure, and Kafka.
GO-JEK refuses to go for any other cloud hosting services but Google Computing Engine. It helps them to improve the app scalability with respect to the number of users.
To make sense of the data they gather, GO-JEK integrated several platforms such as Mix panel, Yahoo analytics, and google analytics.
Marketing and Support
To facilitate their efforts to promote GO-JEK and to improve their operational efficiency, they use MailChimp, Mailgun and Mandrill. Zendesk is also used for customer support.
GO-JEK — Product Spotlight
GO-JEK app deals with multiple on-demand services range from commuting to fuel delivery. Here we list out the main products that are involved with GO-JEK. Taking a clear look at these apps will help in the detailed study of the GO-JEK like app development.
GO-PAY has recently featured as the fourth biggest e-wallet service in Indonesia. In fact, they have contributed 30 per cent of overall e-money transactions in Indonesia in 2017. With such a progressing pace, GO-PAY will soon surpass his biggest rivalries such as Bank Mandiri’s e-Money, Bank Central Asia’s Flazz, and state-owned telecom firm Telkomsel’s T-Cash.
GO-RIDE is the country’s first motorcycle taxi service. In 2018 alone they managed to achieve more than 1,000,000 fleets.
GO-CAR is GO-JEK’s uber-like service, which focuses on serving the commuting needs of the masses.
GO-FOOD is GO-JEK’s instant food delivery service. It has over 250,000 merchants all over Indonesia as of now.
GO-MART — This suggests app-based grocery shopping services that aid customers to shop groceries of their choice without hassle.
GO-SHOP — This is much similar to GO-MART, for it allows users to shop product which is not listed in GO-MART.
GO-SEND is an on-demand courier service, through which you can send documents and other items with no limits on distance within one delivery.
GO-MASSAGE — The on-demand massage service enables users to schedule appointments with expert masseuses and get the treatment they seek.
GO-MED — Despite the country you are living in, we all encounter difficulties in regards to access to medicines. GO-MED resolves this issues to a great extent by delivering medicines to the needy before long.
GO-CLEAN is GO-JEK’S on-demand house cleaning services that include sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, clothes ironing and even oven cleaning.
GO-TIX — This is an app-based ticket selling service to facilitate users to book tickets without hassle.
GO-AUTO — This helps users to avail maintenance services such as car washing, emergency repair and so much more.
GO-PERTAMINA — Go-Jek, in partnership with Pertamina, launched a fuel-delivery service called Go-Pertamina deliver fuel to users from the nearest Pertamina gas station.
GO-JEK — Significant Strategies and Approaches
The massive success of GO-JEK is not merely about the technologies they adopted but the strategies and approaches they successfully implemented. Let’s see what are those.
- Self-reflection is the biggest realization. GO-JEK took a step back and went through what they previously had in their app. Further, resolved the inconsistencies and redesigned the transportation products and the home screen.
- Redefined the brand voice and incorporated colloquialism and empathy in the way they converse with customers.
- Defined the big theme, which sets them apart from their competitors.
- Wrote the story for each individual screen to make the message more memorable and help people relate better.
- Collaborated with an illustrator called Fauzy Lukman, GO-JEK gathered stories by capturing scenes, insights, jokes, and anything that Indonesians can relate to. Further, visualized it on their app.
- Used Machine learning to match Drivers & Riders. Experimented with diverse models including gradient-boosted decision trees and neural networks.
- Developed an algorithm to identify the clusters of popular pickup points.
Engaging a Ready-made Solution — Build an Efficient App Like GO-JEK Right Away
Want to build a business similar to GO-JEK? Have a dream to serve the commuting needs of the world? You are indeed in the right place. Try a ready-made uber clone script, which can be easily employed and transformed into a ride-hailing/delivery app like GO-JEK. Also, you can avail the comprehensive on-demand app development Services on the app development companies if necessary.