In the present era of the business environment, an organization must be adaptable to its constant changes to succeed in the field and stay ahead with its competitors.
September 08, 2017
Constant change is practicable only through innovation. The days are gone when traditional methods were used to attain the objectives. This is the era when business analysis and Business Analysts are on the bright side.
Business Analysis enables changes in organizational context by defining and recommending needs in the area. Business Analysis is emerging as a fast paced, competitive field. This field identifies business problems and determines efficient solutions for it. It facilitates and manages changes to businesses. These solutions often include process improvement, strategic planning and policy development.
Every firm’s IT abilities and business objectives are interlinked, making a scope for emerging and efficient Business Analysts, who contribute to the profitability of the company.
A Business Analyst is a person who analyzes the business domain and documents its processes, assessing the business model and its integration with technology. He is the person who understands the structure, policies, and operations of an organization and recommends solutions to help the enterprise achieve its goals.
Business Analysts integrate with various fields like finance, banking, software services, etc. Also sometimes, analysts become part of business operations and Information Technology to furnish new solutions as well as improve the quality of services. On the counterpart, Business Analysts do not carry a particular role as they switch from one to the other field.
Business Analysis is the set of tasks and techniques to work along with stakeholders to recommend solutions for the policies and operations that enable organizations to achieve its goals. Business Analysts work across all levels of business.
It requires core business skills and specialized knowledge to excel as a successful Business Analyst.
Modern Business Organizations are concentrating on Business Analyst training for the candidates to potentially improve their overall business performance. Training delivers capabilities for achieving effective solutions to complex business challenges.
Analysts must use sophisticated methods and tools to achieve benefits and fulfill goals in areas of production, customer management billing and so on, like:
• A Business Analyst takes the responsibility of talking to the business users regarding the computer systems and understands their needs.
• Analyst produces requirements that state business needs and align them with business processes. These requirements are handed over to IT professionals to modify the system changes. During the process, analyst deals with issues and questions to support the business in implementing and executing effective changes in the new system.
• Business Analyst must be a great verbal and written communicator, thoughtful diplomat, analyzer, problem solver and efficient thinker. They must engage with stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs with the changing business conditions. They must ensure value for money is achieved from IT developments.
• They identify problems, needs, and opportunities for improving organizations at all levels. There are an ample number of business analysts that work to improve the operational and financial structure of a business. The image below explains what all a Business Analyst can do.
Image Credit: Modern Analyst
• Efficient BA’s engage stakeholders: BA’s must acquire cooperation and trust from their stakeholders. They must build strong relations to deliver what the stakeholders desire. Along with inspiring creativity and collaboration, BA’s must possess the strong eye of scope.
• Research and experiment with new techniques: BA’s must discover new technology metrics and tools that make work efficient and reliable. More than 500 techniques are available in the present market. Applying a wide variety of techniques makes BA’s motivated and engaged.
• Plan and Re-Plan: After knowing the scope and needs of the project, the BA’s must revisit, evaluate and re-plan the requirements of the project as re-planning protects the value of the project.
• Use Visuals: Visual communication is more effective than text documents and verbal communications. Hence a BA must follow new and improved ways to use visuals in presentations and documentations.
• Develop Underlying Competencies: Underlying Competencies influence how the tools and techniques are being used in the practical tasks. Effective BA’s must maintain certain important UC’s like critical thinking, problem solving, IT organizational concepts, personal integrity, etc.
• Have the basics covered: Good BA’s must cover most proficient business analytic skills like good communication, efficient problem-solving and critical thinking. The basics also include creating and analyzing requirements and usage of suitable business tools.
• Must be multifaceted: Efficient BA’s must know ways to find answers to the questions. They must be in a position to find alternative paths to evolve in the right directions and work through challenging situations for the effective company growth.
• Maintain Clarity: BA’s carry a unique blend of important soft skills as well as analytical skills. These two skill sets results in clarity as they dig into appropriate details.
• Designing a working framework for IT team: As the size of the organization increases, so the number of stakeholders and incoming projects increase. A good BA enables small teams to scale to a larger one by creating a considerate framework.
• Get Oriented: BA must have a clarity of scope, requirements and business objectives. He must understand the project history and maintain a clear picture on the current state of the business.
• Effective Technical Implementation: Technical implementation includes team building, customization, and software deployment. These tasks drive the success of a project and make sure business objectives are met.
• Formulate Business Analysis Plan: Business Analysis plan provides a brief picture of the process of Analysis. It determines details on the requirements of the plan.
• Define the Detailed Requirements: It provides the implementation team with the information and scope they require to enact the solution. Conscious sequence delivers effective drive for the momentum of the project.
• Reduce Cost of Implementation: By effectively reducing the rework and churn in requirements as well as discovering more cost-effective solutions, the cost of implementation can be reduced.
• Define Scope: A Complete Study on scope enables the project team to realize the business needs. Scope make needs of business tangible, so that all the participants can view their contribution to the project.
In this 21st century, Business Analysis has been a part of a wide range of core practice involved in the key business area.
Business Analysts play an important part in ensuring the growth of any organization at optimum levels since the inception of a project. Although the functions and roles of a Business Analysts vary depending on the size and growth of the organization, above are certain fundamental skills that every Business Analyst must possess.
Overall, the above skills depict the importance of the role played by a business analyst in ever growing modern corporate world.
Sirisha Paladhi possesses love and passion towards writing, which brought her into this field. Presently, she is working as a Content Writer at Mindmajix and TekSlate. During her career, she has written many articles on technology innovations. In her pass time, she relishes in making handy-crafts.
LinkedIn URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paladhi-sirisha-74987881/
September 08, 2017
September 08, 2017
Stories by Sirisha Paladhi