IPTV is the delivery of television content over computer networks based on the logical Internet Protocol (IP), rather than through traditional terrestrial, satellite, and cable television formats.
IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) is a system that delivers video streaming services by using internet protocol suite over the internet instead of using the traditional methods like satellite or cable signal. IPTV is not only limited to live broadcast channels. It can also distribute digital signage, video on demand, and live and on-demand internal productions. Then the multimedia content is delivered to display screens through your organisation: common rooms, cafeterias, receptions or to employees’ computers directly.
The IPTV system can fit easily into several work environments as it has a flexible and scalable nature. It can offer hundreds of television channels or select few specific departments or individuals. Now many enterprises are using IPTV at work to engage and inform employees across their organisation.
1. A business that has several people have an IP network in the office. It is used so that you can run a lot awful cable for TV connections in the office so that it can deliver video in the building. With IPTV you can use what you already have got in place. It saves a lot of time and money and delivers a great video streaming solution.
2. If you are using conventional TV then your options are very limited. You are limited to sending content to televisions. But the reality is that the people use lots of different devices to consume content. If you are using IPTV then you can get content to the STB (set top box) around the office.
3. These days IPTV is delivered over a device, for example, a set top box that many end users have access to. Eugen Mikoczy said that to take advantage of IPTV services, the enterprises should allow for support for the personalised IPTV services such as personal channels, user generated content, content bookmarks, content recommendations, etc. You can use the existing architecture by enabling personalization to provide fully interactive and personalised IPTV services which can be rolled out across several devices and many users to get an improved quality of experience.
4. IPTV system is best when it allows you to pull the content from different sources. For example, financial organisations will use several cable and satellite providers with news coming from all over the world. An IPTV system will allow you to distribute and manage multimedia content to the employees from anywhere.
5. When it is about corporate entity, you don’t have to make a case for security. According to a research, 85% of employees have taken company information and documents they have created and even 30 percent of data are those they did not create. Among them, 90 percent of respondents admitted that as there was no technology to prevent it. So employees will steal data and information because they can. However, IPTV will make sure that the content, whether confidential information or broadcast channels is not copied and distributed without any authorization. So by using group or user authentication, you will make sure that the content is seen only by the people who have the access to it. You ensure with end to end AES encryption that the content cannot be copied or distributed. It means that the content will stay where it should be within the organization.
July 23, 2017
July 23, 2017
Stories by Objectsol Technologies Technologies