Why Knowledge of Data Analytics is Crucial for Your career?
Tuesday March 26, 2019,
4 min Read
By 2020, there will be an estimated 2.7 Million job postings corresponding to Data Science and Data analytics in the USA alone! As of 2015, this number stood at 2.3 million. For the last few years, Data science and analytics have grown into buzzwords, opening up the gates for an array of personal and industrial applications. With Machine Learning gripping over the automation and domains correlating to artificial intelligence, Data is what forms the basis of these technologies.
If you are working professions (in any domain) looking to upgrade or switch to better career opportunities, Data Analytics shall prove to be the best bet.
In this post, we will discuss why data analytics is crucial for you, how it will help you keep up with the rising job demands, and why you should enroll in the industry-best course in Data Analytics today. Let us get going!
Companies are looking to Optimize Everything!
Opposed to the prevailing sentiment that Data analytics is a domain just restricted to IT and Software industry, businesses in almost every industry are exploring the methods to leverage big data and data analytics. In fact, Data analytics is already the underlying principle of multiple products and services that we utilize today. Presently, organizations across the globe are utilizing Data analytics for;
- Cost Reduction- Technologies like Hadoop and other Cloud-analytics platforms have made it possible for businesses to identify and execute the most efficient ways to conduct the business operations. Moreover, big data technologies enable businesses to handle massive volumes of data with minimal costs.
- Faster and Better Decision Making- The ability of the companies to utilize newly generated data, leverage the speed and in-memory analytics of Big data crunching technologies enables them to analyze complex information instantly. The analysis reveals insights and patterns that allow the organizations to take the best possible decisions faster.
- Innovation- Data analytics technologies have enabled the companies to pinpoint the customer needs and project the business demand effectively. Previously, companies had to risk the investment in deploying a new product or services, but the picture has changed entirely now. Data analytics professionals are being hired to spot the optimum product and services that can solve the consumer pain points seamlessly. This has also lead to significantly faster innovation cycle, quick feedback mechanism, and deploying of the latest version of the optimized product with full confidence.
Fuses Technology with Problem-Solving
While data analytics is nothing but using technologies and platforms like Hadoop, Java, C, Scala, Python, etc. to crunch numbers and build algorithms, at the core, it is just ‘Problem-solving.’ For a company, a person who can ‘conclude’ after analyzing pieces of otherwise random information is a highly valuable asset. Having a recognized training certificate in Data analytics is a professional batch of you being a professional problem-solver. Honestly, this is what most companies are looking for in the employees. Data analytics teaches people to use logic, deductive reasoning, and pattern recognition in the most effective manner (which is a universal skill in itself!).
High-time for Data Analytics
At least 75 percent of the IoT innovation leaders and service providers consider Data analytics as the most wanted expertise in this field. Other domains with user-heavy applications and commercial operations running at large scale majorly require expertise in the following data analytics branches;
- Prescriptive Analytics- An area of data analytics whereby the analysis reveals the most effective solution/decision to tackle the challenge at hand.
- Predictive Analytics- The branch of data analytics that analyzes the existing data sets to make predictions about the occurrence of the most probable events.
- Descriptive Analytics- Big Data needs to be summarized before it can be interpreted.
Descriptive analytics enable the professionals to summarize mammoth quantities of the data.
Moreover, in 2017, three out of five technical jobs were related to the field of analytics (this includes Data architects, Data managers, and Data engineers). As this field gains momentum, it is the right window of opportunity for you to dive right in.
Data is powering the World, Now!
The advent of internet and billions of smartphone devices have made the world more connected and ‘enabling’ than the gone times. Today, our world is witnessing a paradigm shift, from an age where everything was process-driven to an era where everything will be data-driven. Be it the estimated travel time on Google Maps, Product recommendations on e-commerce sites, accurate weather predictions, or automatic tax filing for the businesses, everything is being governed by data.
If you wish to make a transition to or upgrade your career pathway towards the lucrative field of Data analytics and Data science, then the right time will be now.
Simply enroll in a professional course and break the ice in this growing field. Ciao!