10 Things You Have to Tolerate if Your Boyfriend is an Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship is no bed of roses. Initially I thought of using the title “10 reasons you shouldn’t date an Entrepreneur” but then I changed it to this. Everyone needs to be strong. Here are a few things a lady needs to be prepared for if she takes up this herculean task (and very few do):
1) Every morning they will bore you with Paul Graham’s essay that they read last night. You should atleast be prepared to listen the “Notes” from the essay.
2) They will disturb you at 5 AM in the morning to tell you the new idea they just got to beat the new competitor in the market.
3) Startups are like a sine curve and so is their mood. A roller coaster ride is an understatement. One day, they’ll be high on cloud 9 and the next day they’ll slump down into the dark depths of gloominess.
4) They will tell you about the latest investment of Khosla Ventures in some ground breaking technology. You should be prepared to hear how that technology will change the world.
5) They will be online on g-talk for 24 hours but will mostly never reply to your chat. They are always in the middle of something important on another tab.
6) You will never understand a single word of what they will tell you about new investors approaching them to give cash. But they will always be too cashless to take you on a date to a good place.
7) They will be always looking for rockstars to join their team and at every Date they will ask you if any of your talented friends are sick of corporate culture and want to join his startup for less salary.
8 ) Every time you fight with them. Instead of convincing you at that moment, they will ask you to analyze the situation step by step so that we can solve this fight completely.
9) They won’t be able to talk to you about any latest Movie/TV Shows that have released recently. They prefer to spend time reading Techcrunch, Mashable or Yourstory instead of watching the idiot box.
10) Let more entrepreneurs add more to this list
About the author:
Sahil Baghla, Founder, BlueGape
Latest posts by Guest Author (see all)
- 7 avoidable mistakes first-time entrepreneurs tend to make - December 5, 2013
- Top Ten Mobile Tech Predictions for 2014 - December 2, 2013
- Lessons for Entrepreneurs from Three Charity Brands - November 25, 2013
- Citi Bike: Going for the customer’s sweet spot - November 20, 2013