Top 20 e-commerce destinations for Christmas shopping
India’s biggest online shopping festival, GOSF 2013, concluded recently but it seems for the Indian shopper you don’t need an excuse for shopping. The year-end festivities are too tempting to ignore and what’s more it comes guilt free. After all, Christmas is the season for giving and buying, depends on how you look at it. E-commerce companies are making sure to offer tempting discounts and deals to lure shoppers this last time in 2013. We bring you the bonanza that India’s top e-commerce websites are offering — all in one place on YourStory. Embrace yourself.
- Flipkart: After raising $360 million in the latest round of funding, the top e-commerce portal of the country seems as excited as its buyers for the Christmas season. Their major offers include:
- HDFC Credit & Debit card holders are the favorites for Flipkart this time. They have an “Extra 10% Cashback (up to Rs. 5000) on purchases above Rs. 10,000 on HDFC Credit and Debit Cards from Dec. 24 – Jan. 1, 2014.” (as quoted in the website)
- Top offers include 30% off on apparels, 60% off on footwear, 25% off on toys and a 20% off on laptops.
- Myntra: The revolutionary fashion e-commerce portal with the delivery time of less than an hour in selected areas of Bangalore and Delhi is known for its offers. Continuing the legacy, Myntra is offering a whopping 30% additional discount on orders above INR 1999 on the occasion of Christmas. Buyers can use the code XMAS30 to avail the same.
- Zivame: Pioneers of online lingerie shopping in India, Zivame which raised $6 million recently in series-B funding round, has year-end clearance sale coinciding with the Christmas offer.
- The portal is offering up to 70% discount with Santa Special and Xmas special offers on selected clothing.
- An ‘8 days 8 offers’ tag line is also being floated which assures something each day till Jan 1, 2014.
- Yebhi.com: Earlier this year, Yebhi.com partnered with IRCTC in a strategic tie-up. With the vision of becoming No.1 e-commerce portal in India, Yebhi.com is doing its bit to attract more customers with the 30% additional discount for Christmas shopping. SANTA30 discount code can be used to avail the same.
- HomeShop18: The offer named ‘December Delight’ is already running on women’s wear for the December month. Christmas offer which will last till today midnight include:
- 15% off on mobile phones.
- Up to 20% off on home & kitchenware.
- 35% off on fashion jewelry
- 15% off on small appliances
- Amazon.in: World’s largest online shopping website Amazon launched in India in 2013. Acquisition of Junglee.com was definitely helpful for the e-commerce giant which helped it scale quickly in the competitive market. Amazon.in’s Christmas store is offering discounts on décor, entertainment and accessories. Check here for more info.
- Jabong: One of the top three e-commerce portals of India, Jabong is offering a 30% additional discount on orders above INR 1599 as Christmas gift to all its buyers.
- Snapdeal: With the $50 million investment from eBay and the acquisition of Shopo.in, Snapdeal had a satisfactory 2013 year. There campaign ‘Remember this December’ has multiple offers for the buyers:
- Guaranteed lowest prices for external hard disks.
- 55% + 25% off on women’s footwear.
- 57% + 30% off on women’s apparel.
- An extra 3% off on orders above INR 4999 on buying mobiles & tablets.
- Infibeam: Christmas offers on Infibeam can be summarized as:
- Up to 50% off on music CDs
- 15% off on all books
- Additional 10% discount on home entertainment and mobile accessories
- Up to INR 6000 of benefits on HP laptops
Check out the best offers here.
- eBay.in: eBay took a minority stake in Snapdeal in the earlier part of the year. They are trying to cash on the campaign ‘13 Reasons to Shop’ in the end of 2013. Major offers include:
- Up to 80% off on men’s clothing
- Up to 50% off on women’s fashion
- Up to 50% off on jewelry
- 10% off on top selling Dell & Lenovo laptops
- Shopclues: One of the hottest destinations of online shopping in India, Shopclues raised $10 million in third round of funding in March this year. They are offering following discount to their users:
- 25% additional off on Christmas decoration
- Up to 50% off on Christmas gifts
- 10% additional off on cameras and computer accessories
Check more offers here.
- Tradus: It is giving up to 90% off + 10% additional off as Xmas special discount. Some of the offers are:
- Up to 90% off on fashion accessories and gift sets for men
- Up to 85% off on fashion accessories for women
- Free tripods with DSLR cameras and an additional 10% off
- Additional 10% off on mobiles & tablets
Check out the complete range of Christmas offers here.
- FirstCry: The SAIF Partners portfolio company is the leading online marketplace for baby products. They have kept it simple by offering a flat 15% off on orders placed today.
- IRCTC: The biggest contributor to the e-commerce sales in India, IRCTC launched its shopping portal this year under the strategic partnership between SOTPL (franchisee of Yebhi.com) & IRCTC. The website is offering an additional 20% off on orders above INR 1499.
- Pepperfry: Fresh funds and a new avatar have been the highlights of 2013 for Pepperfry. The two-year-old marketplace in furniture, home and living segment is trying to woo customers with a 20% off for the Christmas season.
- Healthkart: India’s leading e-health store is encouraging buyers to shop Koshur products by offering a 10% cashback on orders above INR 2499. There doesn’t seem to be much offered for Christmas on the website.
- Fabfurnish: One-stop home shopping destination, Fabfurnish is offering an extra 25% off on orders above INR 5999 (for furniture) and above INR 2999 (for non-furniture). Check out more details here.
- Naaptol: An ISO 9001:2008 certified eommerce portal, Naaptol launched their reward points program earlier this year. The website is offering discounts on almost all the products. Some of the top discounts are:
- Up to 93% off on men’s watches and unisex sunglasses
- Up to 73% off on mobile handsets
- Up to 82% off on security devices
- Up to 59% off on digital cameras
- Up to 74% off on toys
- Up to 77% on women apparels
- Up to 90% on fashion jewelry
Check out the complete list of discounts here.
- Fashionara: India’s first fashion e-mall with the feature of overnight delivery, Fashionara is trying to position Indian online fashion retail among its global peers. It is celebrating Christmas fest by offering a flat 50% off on the range of clothing.
- Indiatimes Shopping: Online marketplace arm of Times Internet Limited (TIL), Indiatimes Shopping has been doing fairly well in the CEO-ship of Satyan Gajwani in last two years. The website is offering the ‘Best Sellers of 2013‘ for complete one week starting from today. Top 5 have been chosen from each category viz. electronics, mobiles, tablets, computer, camera, footwear, home decor, cookware, lifestyle and health & beauty.
India’s majority sales in e-commerce still come from the travel sector which is led by IRCTC, MakeMyTrip, redBus.in and Cleartrip. Unfortunately, none of these websites are offering any special discount/offers to the customers for this Christmas/New Year season. Even the top real-estate/property listing sites like 99acres, Housing and CommonFloor too did not have any offers for this festive season.
Most of the Indian online retail websites offer discounts throughout the year and the offerings in the Christmas season are not drastically different. It is the shopping mood which the e-tailers are banking on for good sales. Happy shopping time!
- All the discounts given above have been reported directly from the respective websites of the ecommerce portals as per Dec 25 morning and YourStory is not responsible for any changes in the same. Please refer to the company website for more details on discounts.
- All the companies in the above list are among India’s top 500 websites in Alexa ranking.
Image credits: Firstcry and screenshots of all websites.