YourStory is hiring a Video Producer for the Video Team. We are looking for a video
producer who is passionate about video journalism and creative storytelling.
We are looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience who will work closely senior
video producers and the Editorial team to create video content for YourStory. He/she
should be a team player, a self-starter and be eager to contribute to new ideas.
- Producing video content for digital media and social media platforms which include short documentaries and corporate videos.
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects.
- He/she will also work closely with the Head of Design and Head of Content to conceptualize visuals, style frames, and branding for large scale projects and series.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content.
- Plan video shoots - scout, select and reserve shoot locations and also work as a location producer during video interviews and other important on-location shoots.
- Develop video story – this will include ideating, developing the story-board, reaching out to people for interviews/shoots, filming, editing the story, post producing and publishing the final story keeping the platform’s guidelines in mind.
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- Manage video library and evaluate analytics.
- Basic story writing skills.
- Background in Broadcast Journalism (a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree).
- Basic editing experience in Premiere Pro.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Ability to work hard and experience in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment.