Practo Raises INR 25 Crores from Sequoia Capital
In a recent announcement, Sequoia Capital has invested Rs 25 crore in Practo, a web service startup. Founded by graduates from National Institute of Technology, Abhinav Lal and Shashank ND, The Bangalore-based startup offers web service for scheduling appointments with doctors.
Practo Ray, the primary product from Practo provides automated appointment scheduling, storage of healthcare records, including x-rays, files, prescriptions and billing. Practo will use the funding to expand its 80-member team to around 350 and launch products in the US and Europe in next two years.
“You can discover a good food joint or order pizza online, but cannot schedule the appointment with a doctor,” said Shashank ND. “Our technology significantly improves patient experience and allows better functioning of clinics,” he added.
- Practo’s platform currently manages 10,000 appointments per day
- Associated with 8,000 doctors at 5,000 dental, wellness and other healthcare centers across India.
- It serves three million patients.
- The service is free for patients, but doctors have to pay Rs 700 per month.
Practo aims to reach one lakh doctors and 50 million patients in the next three years. The fast adoption by thousands of doctors is what has led Sequoia to invest in Practo. “Doctors and patients can now access their appointments and health records online or through their mobile device,” said Shailendra Singh, managing director, Sequoia Capital.
Latest posts by Team YS (see all)
- Understand the mobile market and how to monetize it at MobileSparks - December 12, 2013
- Digital magazine store Magzter raises $ 10 million for global expansion - December 11, 2013
- Blind men & an elephant: Uncovering the pieces of User Experience Puzzle - December 11, 2013
- Online lingerie site Zivame raises $6 million in a series B round led by Unilazer Ventures - December 11, 2013