Acquisitions, Pivots, Investments, Launches and What Not! Catch up on the All the Startup News
Yes, we’ve got all the buzz words in the headline this week. There hasn’t been a lull in news from a long time in the Indian startup ecosystem now! There are things happening every day, every hour! Here, we bring to you all that happened from the previous week; all in news. Buckle on your seatbelts.
Firstly, the big news from MakeMyTrip, the grand Indian startup success story. MakeMyTrip acquired the international travel services company, HotelTravel for USD 25 million. Apart from this acquisition, we also saw two strategic acqhires:
1) Fab.com acquired Pune Based Technology Startup, True Sparrow Systems
2) A bit later in the week, Myntra announced its acquisition of SherSingh (previously exclusively.in) in a cash cum equity deal.
Then there were funding announcements as well:
1) Chennai based education technology startup, Harnesstouch secured funding from CLUB ah!
2) Brandis Manufacturing Marketing Private Limited raised INR 70 Crores from Peepul Capital
AngelPrime, the Indian startup Incubator also had good news this week. AngelPrime itself found backers in Chamath Palihapitiya’s VC firm, Social+Capital Partnership. In turn, they invested in startup Ezetap, India’s Square.
Pivoting is hot! Now in the social sector as well. Sukshm Information Services Pivoted from being a market research firm to a rural BPO.
Tyche’d Rebranded to Wishberg and are upto some really cool stuff.
The ever so innovative Zomato launched a Food Porn site!
To round it off, we leave you with the happenings at second day of the NASSCOM Product Conclave and stay tuned to read about a roundup from the Conclave…
Latest posts by Team YS (see all)
- Key insights on education startups from EduStars 2013 report to be released soon: Part 1 - December 4, 2013
- Check out the EduStars speaker line-up; book your ticket now! - December 2, 2013
- Register now for the AWS Cloud Kata learning session in Mumbai, 14th December - December 2, 2013
- Binny Bansal, co-founder of Flipkart in conversation with Shradha Sharma at TechSparks 2013 - November 28, 2013