[YS Meetups] Exploring hiring and scaling strategies for startups with Uber team. Register now to attend
Hiring the right team is a major pain point for startups. Scaling up is even harder. Entering a new territory, a new country can be nightmarish for entrepreneurs. Startups have tons of questions about all of these but very few answers. On September 21, Saturday, we are hosting an informal meetup at YourStory’s office to address and discuss these daunting questions.
The best person to ask these questions is someone who has done it. Uber, the mobile-based car rental service has grown tremendously in the last three years. Their mobile app is currently present in nearly 44 cities in 18 countries around the globe and have recently entered India with operations in Bangalore. In a 2-hour session, we will hear it from Uber’s team about how they expanded globally, and about the hiring strategies that worked for them. We will also discuss how you, as a startup, can overcome these challenges.
Join us as we dwell into deep conversation about two of the most interesting and intriguing topics for startups. Lets hear about and discuss:
- Growth story of Uber - Expanding globally from Ryan Graves, head of Global Operations who has helped build the company from 1 to 300+ employees by driving operations, strategy, expansion, and recruiting.(Ryan will join via Google Hangout)
- Hiring strategy at Uber - How should a startup hire? from Swathy Prithvi who currently leads India expansion for Uber and has previously run operations for it in Silicon Valley too, and Bhavik Rathod, General Manager, Uber, Bangalore.
Uber will be gifting Rs 250 of Uber Credits (promo cards) to everyone who attends!
When : 5-7pm , September 21, 2013, Saturday
Where : YourStory office
Register now to attend! Limited seats on first-come-first-served basis
Latest posts by Team YS (see all)
- Key insights on education startups from EduStars 2013 report to be released soon: Part 1 - December 4, 2013
- Check out the EduStars speaker line-up; book your ticket now! - December 2, 2013
- Register now for the AWS Cloud Kata learning session in Mumbai, 14th December - December 2, 2013
- Binny Bansal, co-founder of Flipkart in conversation with Shradha Sharma at TechSparks 2013 - November 28, 2013