CauseVox helps non-profits get the funding they need for their cause. CauseVox is a fully customizable crowd-funding platform that non-profits can white-label and call their own. Once they do this, their supporters can create fundraising pages and invite their friends/family (the crowd) to support and donate to the non-profit. Through CauseVox, non-profit supporters are turned into fundraisers. Robert Wu, cofounder of this New York based social tech startup answers questions about this platform.1) Why non profits? This can be used for crowd funding needs of any organization.....
Non-profits struggle with technology and fundraising. The more time they spend struggling, the less time/resources they have for creating social good. We make serving non-profits our social mission because they are the ones that need continued resources for social impact.
The crowd funding space has great sites such as Kickstarter, RocketHub, and ProFounder. Non-profits have unique needs that are different than for-profits or creative projects -- such as charity-branded pages, workflow ease of use, continuous fundraising, and charitable donation processing. Our platform complements the space and is specifically created to serve non-profits.
We struggled over this to make it as friendly as possible for small/medium nonprofits while allowing us to continue developing the best technology. It's $40/month + 7.5% transaction fee (all inclusive of credit card fees). Sign up for an annual plan and you get 2 months free.
3) Features and tools you provide
* Fully customizable pages - A non-profit's story is important; their story is also unlike any others. Non-profits can make theirs distinct by choosing themes and customizing the look and feel of their site through our easy-to-use on-screen editor.
* Fundraising pages for supporters - Our platform helps you enlist supporters as fundraisers. With our guided on-screen set of the pages, supporters can weave their own story within the non-profit’s and share it across the crowd of their personal networks.
* Custom domain names - Instead of directing people to our site, non-profits can direct people to any URL that they own.
* Administrative Interface - We help the non-profit save time by providing an interface for them to manage their fundraising. They can see donations, supporters, and manage every aspect of their platform without a techie.
* Social media integration - Integrated with Facebook and Twitter for additional communication channels.
* Seamless donation processing - Donors can donate without leaving the platform or creating an account. Even the donor's credit card statement will say the non-profit's name.
4) Can this be integrated with their website
Yes, non-profits can integrate the platform with any domain name that they have control over. For instance, if a nonprofit's website is http://nonprofit.org, the platform can sit on http://my.nonprofit.org (or any subdomain). It can also have a completely different name such as http://nonprofitcampaign.org.
5) Does it also connect these causes to pools of donor organizations.
Currently, our platform focuses on empowering existing supporters within the organization so that the non-profit can reach additional donors through them. We leverage the power of personal relationships to bring new donors into the non-profit.
Visit CauseVox on their website here : http://www.causevox.com/
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.