Social entrepreneurship with its twin objective of social impact and financial sustainability is gaining momentum in India. Are you looking to be part of the social enterprise revolution? A lot of cool social enterprise start-ups are looking to hire you and there also fellowships on offer for freshers. Check them out here:
1. The IDEX Fellowship: The program brings together young people from all over the world to work for a year with social enterprises across India. IDEX Fellows are young achievers with considerable passion for making social change. Candidates may be citizens of any nationality but must have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) and be at least 21 years of age, as well as to be able to commit full-time to the fellowship experience, including in-country training. Applications for IDEX 2014 Fellowship’s first stage started in September and will close on January 15th. The stage 2 – the phone interviews – starts on the 1st of December and continue until February 2014.
2. MPaani: Designs and implements impact-focused mobile-based loyalty programs that help communities living at the bottom of the pyramid get the most out of their spends by connecting it to development rewards. They have open positions for Design Researcher and Technology Lead.
3. Poorest Areas Civil Society Programme (PACS): is an initiative of the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID), to work with civil society in India and help socially excluded groups claim their rights and entitlements more effectively. PACS covers 90 districts in seven states- Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. They are looking for an EOI – Expression of Interest – in Livelihood Intervention Models for Socially Excluded Communities Crafts based livelihoods, Rural Energy and Climate Change Adaptation. EoIs can be submitted through soft copy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Simpa Networks: makes modern energy simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone. They are growing in India and have 18 open positions in four teams:
Sales and Operations Team:
Customer Experience, Product and Marketing Team:
Strategy and Organizational Development:
5. United Nations Development Programme: They are looking for a Project Manager to head the project management team (PMT) and who will be located in the Planning Commission – New Delhi. Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration/Policy or related fields required, as well as at least 8 to 10 years of professional experience of working on development issues, including rural development and poverty reduction. Click here to read more about it and apply for this job.
Check last week’s Jobs Roundup here