[Jobs Roundup] Babajob, Miracle Foundation, Jan Chetna Manch and more have 10+ open positions
Do you want to start 2014 with new challenges? Check SocialStory’s last Jobs Roundup of 2013 and apply now:
1. APACR: the Andhra Pradesh Alliance for Child Rights, a leading Child Rights non-governmental organization based in Hyderabad, is looking for candidates for the following posts:
- State Communication/Advocacy Coordinator with Master Degree in Social Science or Social work, excellent research and documentation skills and should be able to handle the tasks independently. This position demands travelling. Application’s deadline is 03 January. Click here to read more about this position.
- Placement Coordinator with relevant experience for placement of trained youth and adolescents to employment sector and excellent communication skills to develop linkages with Corporate People and Agencies. Application’s deadline is 03 January. Click here to read more about this position.
2. Babajob: Babajob.com is a web and mobile start-up dedicated to bringing better job opportunities to the informal job sector (cooks, maids, security guards, office helpers, etc.) by appropriately connecting the right employers and job seekers via the web, mobile apps, SMS, the mobile web and voice services. They have five open positions located in Bangalore:
- 1 Job Seeker Acquisition Associate to drive the design and creation of all content geared towards improving the livelihood outcomes of Babajob’s user base of job seekers;
- 2 DevOps Architects with experience in web scale to solve hockey stick growth problems. Application’s deadline is 1st February;
- 1 Product Manager to plan and execute a defined product roadmap for their job seeker and customer experience features. Application’s deadline is 31 December;
- 1 Female Tele Caller fluent in English, Hindi and Kannada to make effective outbound calls and lead generation activity by tele-calling or cold calling to ensure a robust sales pipeline. Application’s deadline is 10 January.
3. Earthy Goods Foundation: the foundation works primarily with micro enterprises, non-profit livelihood based organisations and artisans to build their ability to create marketable products, meet market standards and earn a secure livelihood. Earthy Goods’s specialties include Livelihood Projects Consulting, Strategic CSR, Ethical Gifting, Training and capacity-building for non-profits and social enterprises. They currently have 4 open positions:
- Project Associate, to lead and manage portfolio of projects;
- Artisan & NGO Mobilization Associate, who will travel around India to mobilize artisans and artisan groups who have traditionally never operated in a collective fashion;
- Marketing & Social Media Specialist, to develop and deliver a communication strategy and create and manage a strong pipeline of retail customers for the portfolio of products;
- Merchandiser for Contemporary Handcrafts, who will handle the product life-cycle and work with product designers and artisans on one hand and the marketing team on the other to oversee production of 2-3 collections per year.
4. Jan Chetna Manch – Bokaro: an Chetna Manch, or ‘Forum for People’s Awareness’, is a community-based non-governmental organization that, among other activities, has helped set up a Women’s Health Centre in Chamrabad, Bokaro, Jharkhand, to serve the health needs of village women in the area. They need a Nurse which job will involve attending women in childbirth, assisting the doctor in the outdoor clinics, and includes night duty. Application’s deadline is 04 January. Read more about this job here.
5. Miracle Foundation India: The Miracle Foundation is an established and trusted multinational non-governmental organization based in Texas that empowers orphans and orphanages to reach their full potential. In India, it cares for more than 600 children living in seven homes located in rural areas. They are looking for a Program Coordinator to work in Pune, be responsible for mentoring and monitoring of allocated number of organizations and report to the Program Manager based in Delhi. Application’s deadline is 19 January. Click here to read more about it and know how to apply.
6. UnLtd India: this social venture incubator based in Mumbai is on a mission to help accelerate changemakers across India: they are building a network of UnLtd India affiliates, independent entities launched by entrepreneurial founders that take they support model and adapt it to support social ventures locally. UnLtd Tamil Nadu and UnLtd Hyderabad are set and they are now looking for an entrepreneurial founder to lead UnLtd Karnataka to help leveraging UnLtd India’s brand. Application’s deadline is 10th February 2014. Click here to read more about it or send an e-mail to JoinTheNetwork@unltdindia.org
7. 40k India: 40K is an Australian company working in the education sector which believes that education is the most powerful weapon to empower people and ultimately reduce extreme poverty. They run after-school pods which consist of a 10hr/week supplementary program for kids from rural villages. 40k is looking for a Globe Operations Executive. The Globe program includes daily teaching work in the 40K PLUS pods and social entrepreneurship impact projects. The executive will be in charge of co-ordinating all ‘Globe’ activities and be the single point of contact of a hundred ‘Globers’. Application’s deadline is 17th January 2014. Click here to read more about it.