We announced the Startup Watchlist column about three weeks ago and then launched the newsletter last week. In the one week of launch, we have onboarded close to 500 subscribers and the whole idea is to bring to you a list of the most happening startups and why we think they’re hot. You can view the sample of the first newsletter here and if you like it, do subscribe for the future ones. Some of the best entrepreneurs and investors have already subscribed and we’re also getting some very good feedback. One of the great suggestions we saw came from Nischal Shetty and you’d see us implementing it- each newsletter will have one zing addition to it. Be it a team photo like last time or a particular growth metric or anything else you’d like us to focus on.
Moving on to this week, here are three of the startups out of the five in the newsletter:
The first Startup Watchlist newsletter went out last Monday and the response has been very heartening! We’re nearing on to 500 subscribers and this gives us a huge kick to put in the best of our efforts to bring you the best of the startups. Here’s what we have in the basket for you this time around:
intelloCut is an intelligent material planning and optimization software. It measures, predicts and optimizes material utilization and productivity for sewn products industry (apparel, footwear, automotive, home furnishing, technical textiles etc.)
Why is intelloCut on the list?
- The markets- Indian textile and garment industry alone contributes 4% to India’s GDP. This and other more traditional markets are difficult to make inroads in but are in dire needs of innovation.
- The team has managed to get some very solid investors in Blume Ventures and Rajan Anandan.
Function Space is a social learning network for science with complete ecosystem (articles, video lectures, problem solving, discussions, and networking) for participants from academia to corporate research. The intent is to bridge the gap between academic curriculum and skill based requirements of workplace.
Why is FunctionSpace on the list?
- Building and growing a social network is hard work. FunctionSpace has shown early traction with a growth of 10x in 2014 reaching 100k unique visitors/month.
- Some important partnerships with international universities is a sign of validation.
Pickyourtrail is a personalised travel booking platform which lets travellers the freedom to explore places. Pickyourtrail provides a customised itinerary for every traveler based on their interests and budgets.
Why is Pickyourtrail on the list?
- The travel sector has always been on the fringes of being hot and right now, there seems to be an even higher momentum and buzz around it.
- There have been efforts like Pickyourtrail but the team here comprises of travel enthusiasts and they’ve managed to get good business early on. Plus, a pleasing UI/UX is always good to see and experience.
Subscribe to the newsletter for the complete list of startups that’ll hit your inbox every Monday.