India has an estimated installed base of more than 5 million Diesel Generators of capacity greater than 15 KVA and growing. These generators consume $13 billion worth of diesel annually. The manufacturing sector faces a huge production and wastage and this is where LoudCell comes in. LoudCell has a vision to save diesel cost and reduce wastage/inefficiency for DG owners in India and other emerging economies. LoudCell offerings are based on the IoT and Cloud technology platform to enable scalability. One of YourStory’s TechSparks 2013 company, LoudCell has just raised INR 5 crores from IAN The round is led by Pradeep Gupta and Vishal Lalani.
LoudCell has been co-founders by Ramesh Gupta and Ashish Srivastava. Ramesh has spent a good two decades in the technology industry in India and abroad across sectors. He looks at the technology side of things while Ashish looks at business development. Commenting on the fund raise, the duo commented,
The investment raised through IAN will be used for manpower recruitment, business growth, building the LoudCell brand, further development & enhancement of the current products and increasing the portfolio of products in future. Today, customers do not have any other available product that helps them reduce operational wastage and control pilferage of diesel in the generators.
What all the fuel management system do?
- Real-time access to accurate data and MIS reports with time stamps for events history, fuel fill, losses, consumption and engine run hours of your Diesel Generators (DG)
- Elimination of human error in data recording
- Readily available reconciliation reports for fuel purchase, issue, fill and consumption data for any chosen time frame, like year to date, month to date, daily, weekly etc
- Ability to define email and SMS alerts for various events like fill start, engine start and stop, fuel loss etc that enable timely action and efficient monitoring of equipment
- Quick and accurate detection of leakages or any losses of fuel
- Higher fuel efficiencies through timely detection of any degradation of performance of DGs enabling intervention like engine servicing
The LoudCell technology is applicable to India and all emerging economy markets – such as Africa and South East Asia. It reduces the extensive carbon emission. LoudCell aims to help consumers reduce the carbon footprint, creating a significant environmental impact and estimates to save 0.5 million tons of carbon emissions by 2018.
For the investors, the primary thesis is driven by the fact that India has a huge market for diesel consumption as it is fast becoming a manufacturing base for most companies. Also, the consumers have very limited options in terms of controlling fuel and energy consumption. The limited competition for LoudCell increases the probability of LoudCell becoming a big player.
Read their complete story here.