How to simplify video making process for startupsPardeep Goyal
You’ve probably heard that video is future of marketing. You’ll know how important it is to create a video, and how videos can help you in communicating better. Video marketing is going to rule digital marketing in the future. Small videos help B2B and B2C startups go viral. Videos work well in telling an emotional story with a strong message, as well.
Do you know that video marketing can help you in SEO? You can rank high on Google if your video is rich in keywords and your title is SEO-optimized. Videos can be easily embedded in a website and shared on social media. Just a 2-minute video demo can help your customers understand your product.
You can ask your customers for video testimonials to build greater trust and authority for future customers. You can prepare video tutorials to get customers onboard. You can achieve fabulous marketing results when a video is used with the power of social media. A single viral video can attract thousands of customers to your website.
You might have a great idea content-wise, but no expertise in making compelling videos. You will have a hard time in finding a suitable video maker who is excellentand affordable. Here is all that you have to know to crack this problem in India.
Know the video making process
- The startup provides a detailed requirement to the video maker/ production house.
- The videomaker creates an initial draft
- Both the parties sign a service agreement
- The videomaker takes 50% advance and starts the video-making procedure
- The videomaker submits the first version of the video
- After taking feedback, the videomaker completes and delivers the final video
Questions a video maker will ask you
- Do you have a script or reference video in mind?
- Do you want a live shoot video, or an animation video, or a mix of both?
- Duration of the video
- If it is a shoot video, do you need us to provide models and voice over artists, or will you arrange it?
Things that contribute to cost
A video has many elements which decide the quality of a video, hence the differences in pricing. A video on the same concept can be made with Rs. 20,000 and also with Rs. 2 lakh. Lights, sound, camera, models, and voice-over artists contribute to cost. To give you an idea, a standard 60-90 sec video with basic quality made by a fresher will cost a minimum of Rs. 15,000. Here are the examples to show video qualities of different pricing.
- Rs.25000 to 35000/-
- Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Rs. 2,50,000/- to 3,00,000/-
When selecting a video maker
Check out his previous work and see if he/ she had made similar videos to the one which you are planning to make.
You must compare a few videomakers’ work in order to come to a conclusion.
How to find a video maker/ production house
There are several ways to reach out to video makers
- Post your requirements on OLX & Quikr.
- Search video makers at niche marketplaces (like Stagephod)
- Explore your network.
- You can also post your requirements in Facebook groups & other social media
Posting your requirements in a marketplace has its advantages, as you get options to choose from, so you can get a video done in your budget without compromising on quality. Marketplaces do initial screenings, and also give you tools to compare and manage the project systematically. You can also be assured that you will get the quality promised as you get them keep a tab on videomakers.
So, what are you waiting for now? Think of an entertaining concept and leverage the power of video.
(This article is co-authored by Nikhilesh, founder of StagePhod.com)