5 reasons why you should apply for the Qualcomm Design in India Challenge IITeam YS
This story is brought to you by Qualcomm.
After an exhilarating first edition in 2016, the Qualcomm Design in India Challenge (QDIC) is back, and it’s twice as big! The highly anticipated QDIC II will give a select bunch of innovators a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to showcase their innovative product ideas.
Keeping Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a digitally empowered India in mind, the QDIC II is also being launched as an expansion of Qualcomm’s design initiatives in India - the Qualcomm Design in India Program. QDIC II focuses primarily on the domains of
- Smart Infrastructure
- Biometric Devices
- Payment Terminals
- Agricultural Technology
- Medical Technology
- Rural IoT.
But it doesn’t end there! Here are a few more reasons for you to stay on your toes and apply for the QDIC II:
- It’s bigger: Last year, 10 companies were shortlisted from an overwhelming number of applications. At the end of the incubation period, three winners were awarded $100,000 each. This time around, 12 startups stand the chance of qualifying instead of 10. Spread over two incubation cycles, the first cycle will run from January to August 2017, and the second from July to December 2017. Up to another 8 startups may get an opportunity to work with Qualcomm.
- A total of over $400,000 to be won: Both cycles will see up to six companies being shortlisted to win a $10,000 cash award each. The first list will be announced in March 2017, followed by the second one in July 2017. And if your prototype is one of the top two winning ideas, you stand a chance to win a further $75,000!
- Two words - Innovation Lab: Shortlisted startups will head over to the Innovation Lab to building their prototype for the final round. On offer is complete and unlimited access to Qualcomm’s state-of-the-art technology. Be it designing or testing, the best equipment and tools are on hand. There is also a committed staff to support you and speed up your efforts. All you’ll have to worry about is designing a mind- blowing prototype.
- It’s a huge platform to put your ideas to test: This challenge is one of India’s biggest platforms to showcase your ideas to the world. And not only do you get to give your idea a stage, you also get all the support to bring it to life. It is a brilliant chance for anyone with a product idea to test where they stand. Participants will have the opportunity build a network and look for future opportunities as well. You also get a certificate of recognition for your achievements!
- Learn from the best: Shortlisted companies will be provided lab facilities and engineering support to help complete their project at no cost. The jury selecting the finalists will comprise leaders from Qualcomm and the industry. These are seasoned professionals who come with several years of industry and business experience. You will also be working alongside the best startups chosen from amongst your peers. Can there be a better learning opportunity?
So, what are you waiting for? Get clicking and start applying. The application for the first cycle closes on February 15, 2017. For the second cycle, you can apply anytime between May 15 and June 11, 2017. If you still have a few questions, you can get them clarified here.
If you’re a startup firm with innovative ideas floating in your head, then this competition is specifically directed at you. Any interesting concepts and ideas you have in the areas of Smart Infrastructure, Biometric Devices, Payment Terminals, Agricultural Technology, Medical Technology and Rural IoT, regardless of the form factor of the product are welcome!
Let’s make India the best innovation hub there is! Join us, now. Register here, today.