Here’s a chance to fly your payload ‘near space’ at the Bikaner Digifest. Apply for the International Balloon Challenge today
Thursday July 05, 2018,
2 min Read
The upcoming Rajasthan Digifest 2018 in Bikaner, Rajasthan, will also play host to the International Balloon Challenge, a tribute to our former President and scientist-par-excellence, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalaam. The Challenge, organized by the Government of Rajasthan in association with Space Kidz India, on July 25 and 26, will allow participants to fly their payload ‘near space’ using a helium balloon.
This one-of-a-kind challenge will offer participants the opportunity to meet like-minded people from corners of the world. The Challenge, which bears the motto, “Dream, Imagine, Believe”, will take place on July 25. What’s more, the Government of Rajasthan provide accommodation and food to qualifying participants for two days in Bikaner. The list of qualifying participants will be announced by July 8.
10 winners will see their payload flown ‘near space’ from the beautiful desert around Bikaner, free of cost, on July 25 and receive an acknowledgement from the Government of Rajasthan for successfully completing their mission on July 27.
Participants need to be under 21 years of age and send in their design proposals to http://www.skilabz.in/balloonsat/ by midnight on July 5, 2018.
A few things to keep in mind while applying:
- The payload must fit inside a 1U Cube3 and the weight should be 500 grams including the battery.
- No hazardous chemicals are allowed.
- Biological experiments containing living micro-organisms shall not be allowed.
- Only Original Ideas will be entertained.
- Any findings of plagiarisms can get you eliminated and permanently banned from participating in any future competitions.
- Winners can also come directly and fly their payload.
- The payload should arrive on or before 18th July 2018 at- Space Kidz India, No.1-B, Nutech Narayana Apartments, 48, Thirumalai Pillai Road, T. Nagar, Chennai 600 017, Tamil Nadu, India
[Apply for the Challenge here by midnight on July 5, 2018.]
The International Balloon Challenge is part of the Rajasthan Digifest 2018, which brings together thousands of participants with a deep interest in innovation, including students, tech buffs, entrepreneurs, startups, industry leaders, corporate leaders, policymakers and investors. The three-day tech carnival features a host of events, including insightful workshops, hackathons, Startup Fest, IT Expo, Jobs Fair and more. This three-day mega-event is a platform to feature IT innovation around the “Technology for All” theme to facilitate the use of IT, and also create awareness about and acknowledge various IT initiatives and e-governance projects in Rajasthan.
[Showcase your talent today. Register for the International Balloon Challenge right away.]