To write an effective process essay you should clearly realize the essence of the “process” itself. The Internet definition for “process” is “a particular course of action intended to achieve a result”. In your process essay you should describe this course and make the whole procedure clear and concrete for the reader. Therefore, you should know the subject very well by yourself. Otherwise, you won’t be able to describe your reader in an appropriate way how something is done or how to do something.
While preparing to write process essays consider the following problems:
- the essence of the process you are going to explain, its significance;
- the theoretical basis of the process;
- implementation of the process;
- the ways of doing the process;
- the audience of the process, its background knowledge for understanding the process;
- skills and equipment required for the process;
- duration of the process;
- outcome of the process;
- the stages of the process;
- effectiveness of the process;
- difficulties of the process and ways of overcoming them;
- cautions to be given for the process;
- processes related to this process;
- basic “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of the process.
Your thorough analysis of these problems will enable you to write an effective process essay.
Points to Consider While Writing a Process Essay:
- consult your teacher what form of writing he or she prefers (naturally, it is the second person – you )
- organize your process essays according to time - give a detailed description of the process from its beginning up to its ending
- use transition words, such as “first”, “second”, “third”, etc. to indicate the stages of the process
Write your process essay so professionally so that the reader perfectly understands the essence of the process described.
A research guide for students - how to write a research paper.