8 best things to do while attending a yoga and meditation retreat in Rishikesh
The article highlights some of the best things one can do in Rishikesh during their yoga and meditation retreat.
Completely exhausted of your monotonous life and willing to unwind yourself by going on a yoga and meditation retreat in the astounding Rishikesh? Here’s a list of things you can try during your time there:
1. White-river Rafting: Filled with adventure, excitement, fear, and fun, River Rafting is an activity for adrenaline junkies that involves sailing on a rubber boat on breathtaking white rapids of Ganga. Rishikesh is considered one of the best destinations for river rafting because of its proximity to the upper Himalayas and the passing of inevitable and unstoppable Ganges.
2. Flying Fox: As similar to Zipline, Flying fox is an activity in which a person is attached to a rope through a harness and slid through that rope horizontally between two edges. The starting point is kept at a higher altitude than the ending point to ensure smooth sliding through the rope. Sliding through the magnificent valley of Rishikesh at a fast speed is a truly mesmerizing experience.
3. Bungee Jumping: For those who want to enjoy an adrenaline filled activity, Bungee is the perfect activity. This thrilling activity is about jumping from an incredible height and swing in the air with an elastic rope attached to yourself. It’s totally awe-inspiring when you jump from a great height, recoil, and dangle in the air just from a rope harness. This activity has hit Rishikesh recently, a few years back but because of the beautiful surroundings of Rishikesh, it’s gaining prominence with every passing year.
4. Trekking: Nestled in the lap of Shivalik range, the quaint town of Rishikesh is one of the favorite destinations of trekkers. It is the hub of famous trekking locales. With enthralling scenery of flowery lush green meadows, enchanting Ganges, fascinating landscape of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges, Rishikesh offers everything trekker loves to witness. Treks are categorised in easy, moderate, and hard level. Those who are short on time can opt for the small trek in adjoining villages and waterfalls and those who aspire to go for the longer one can head for nearby mountains. Some of the popular short treks are Neer Garh waterfall trek, Kunjapuri trek, Neelkanth Temple Trek, and Jhilmil Gufa Trek and the long treks are Gomukh (Gaumukh) Trek, Valley of flower Trek, Tungnath-Chandrasheela Trek, Deoria Taal Trek, Hemkund sahib trek, Kuari Pass Trek and Roop Kund Trek.
5. Camping: Touched by the captivating Ganga from both sides and located in the foothills of Himalayas, Rishikesh is a delightful destination for campers. With ashram at one end of the street and a cafe at the latter, Rishikesh present the right blend of modernization and tradition. The beautiful natural surroundings, tranquil environment, and awe-inspiring adventure sports, the city offers a blissful ambience to enjoy camp. Enjoy bonfire with your beloved ones at a quaint beach or riverside camp away from the hustle and bustle of metropolitan life. Give your soul a complete revival.
6. Ganga Aarti: In the evening time, when you become free after your daily scheduled activities, take a walk by the bank of Ganga. Witness the world-famous Ganga Aarti that will provide a sense of joy, calm, and contentment. Experience peace and tranquillity in the aarti which is performed as a mark of respect, love, and devotion to Maa Ganga- the sin-washer and the most sacred river of Hindus. Millions of people from every nook and cranny of the world visit Rishikesh to witness this grand act of worship.
7. Stop by Temples: Rishikesh is known for its spirituality. If you turn your head all around, all you can see is temples and ashrams. There are various ancient beautifully crafted temples around Laxman jhula. The most famous ones are Neelkanth Mahadev Temple and the Trimbakeshwar Temple.
8. Enjoy fresh delectable vegetarian cuisine: Although everything served here is fresh and blissful, be it the food stalls by Laxman jhula or the fancy restaurants in the town, but one of the most popular chain here is the Chotiwala restaurant. The restaurant which is an age old business serves awesome and quality food. It has the dressed up Chotiwala pandits who sit outside the restaurant all day long. If you feel like to try something different than the Sattvic meals served in your retreat centre, come here and give your taste buds a perfect treat.
So, try these above-mentioned things and make your yoga and meditation retreat in Rishikesh more exciting and amazing.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.