Simple Steps for Registration of Trademark Online
A trademark is a sign, symbol which is used to distinguish goods or services of any enterprise from those of other enterprises. Trademark registration is used for purpose of protecting a word, sign, brand, the logo of a company and enterprise.
Trademark is a recognizable sign, design or expression which helps to identify products or services of a particular source from those of others. A trademark is a name or symbol that a company uses on its products and that cannot be legally used by another company. Trademark protects the rights of the owner over its product, sign, design etc. In this blog, we will discuss briefly trademark registration, it's purpose, benefits and all other aspects.
What is Trademark all about?
A trademark is a sign, symbol which is used to distinguish goods or services of any enterprise from those of other enterprises. Trademark is a symbol or word that is legally registered or established for long term use by representing a company and its product. A trademark is considered as a way of identifying a unique product or service.
Trademark registration is used for purpose of protecting a word, sign, brand, the logo of a company and enterprise. A registered trademark is an intangible asset for a business and it helps to protect the company's investment in the brand or symbol.
What is the Purpose of Trademark Registration?
The purpose of trademark registration is given below:
· Purpose of Trademark Registration is to prevent unfair competition between companies by protecting symbol, slogan, words, logos, design, domain name etc which uniquely distinguishes goods and services of a Firm from another.
· A trademark helps to protect the investment and reputation of the owner.
· Trademark is designed to protect the goodwill of the consumer.
Benefits of Trademark Registration
There are numbers of benefits of trademark registration. In the below list, we briefly discuss the benefits of trademark registration.
1) Exclusive Rights - Trademark registration gives an exclusive right to the owner to use the mark in respect of the goods or services covered by it. A trademark registration allows the owner to sue for infringement.
2) Security - A registered trademark can be pledged as security to obtain loan facilities.
3) Initiation of Legal Proceeding- Registered trademark gives legal rights to the owner to initiate legal proceedings against infringers in the event of infringement of brand, logo, sign etc.
4) Deterrent - A registered trademark restricts or deters other traders, enterprises from using similar and identical trademarks
5) Right to use the symbol or the word registered - Once the trademark is registered, then the symbol or word registered can only be used for the goods and services listed in the registration.
6) Foreign territories - A trademark which is registered can be used as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries facilitating protection of the brand worldwide.
What are the steps for online Trademark Registration?
Details of steps for online Trademark Registration are given below:
1) Visit the website - For applying for online trademark registration, one has to visit the prescribed official website
2) Surety of mark - Person and company wants to register the trademark requires to make sure that someone else has not already registered the same trademark.
3) Submission of application - After satisfied that trademark has not registered before, anyone who is interested to register trademark through online has to submit trademark application.
4) Filling up a brand name - After submission of the trademark application, the brand name needs to be filled.
5) Examination of the brand name - After fill up of brand name, Correctness and originality of brand name have to be examined.
6) Publication in Journals - After completion of the examination, the brand name will publish in Indian Trademark Journals.
7) Issuance of Registration Certificate - After fulfilling of necessary steps trademark registration certificate shall issue.
Fees required registering a Trademark
Fees required for trademark registration varies from country to country and state to state. To register a trademark, total fee may vary based on prosecution of the trademark application. However, for filing a trademark application in India, government fee is only Rs.4000.
Trademark registration protects the company's investment in the brand or symbol. Enterslice is one of the best companies dealing with trademark registration. Stay connects with any expert employee of Enterslice to get awesome services in the matter of trademark.
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com