There is a dire need to highlight scattered aspects of enterprise systems which has helped organizations to automate business processes. This in turn helps companies generate complex environments and various kinds of information that run of a myriad of technologies. Enterprise system integration is a complex yet inevitable process.
The highly digital and dynamic business environment has increased the demand for integratio than ever. Internet of Things and Big Data emphasize on integration Enterprise applications and organizational systems can no longer exist as stand-alone entities, as monoliths.
Interaction with other information systems inside and outside the organization is necessary today. A manufacturing organization has to be interconnected with the supply chain in order to let the customers track the location of their goods in real time.
Where is Enterprise system integration generally used?
- Integration as developing a whole new system
- Integration as interoperability
- Integration for establishing communication between systems
- Integration as an adoption or diffusion of a system
- Integration as standardizing the existing systems
- Integration as inter-organizational process reengineering
Let’s come to the major benefits of Enterprise System Integration
- Complete Automation : Undoubtedly the very first thing that comes to mind when installing enterprise technology solutions is, automation. Most of the systems when connected together provides complete transparency, easy flow of work, lesser wasted time and minimal roadblocks. When all systems work seamlessly together, you d not have to spend manpower on looking after various systems.
- Creating more opportunities : The immediate byproduct of automation is more time and more manpower. This helps upper management understand and respond to upcoming opportunities faster than before. The shifts in market, reputation management issues, supply chain disruption issues etc can be addressed and focused on.
- Increased Efficiency : Enterprise Application Integration enables organizations making the communication channel swift, reduction in time and effort, seamless functionality, more control leading to an increase in the efficiency of the organization. Companies can speedily address the change in market trends. The reputation management matters, issues related to disruptions in supply chain etc directly from a single channel instead of devoting manpower and money on everything differently. The holistic advantages made in investments are evident when the integration is done effectively. Currently, EAI not only helps entire organizations, but also helps improve an individual’s performance with features like employee records and rewards. Transportation and logistics companies, network providers, bank, and retail organizations etc are some of the industries which has experienced increased efficiency Enterprise System Integration. Enterprise technology solutions and integration process require an expertise in the implementation of security and coding protocols.
- Improved Interoperability : What happens when you connect various departments of an organization into one central node? Interoperability takes over. The entire organization, from departments that are located in-house to remote departments and mobile departments, each department works in unison as one single organization with management having complete control over the operations.
Enterprise system integration requires skill and expertise very few company have. And ESI has benefits that go a long way for the company’s future. With interconnectivity bearing the torch of transformation for technology, it’s high time before every organization move towards system integration.
Albert Smith is a Digital Marketing Manager with Hidden Brains, a leading Enterprise Mobile & Web App Development Company specializing in mobile & web applications, IoT, Cloud and Big Data services. He provides innovative ways to help tech companies, startups and large enterprises build their brand.