Update: Please go here to submit your essays.
From Let Me Know:
The Global Forum for Health Research and The Lancet are holding their third joint essay competition for the under-30s on the theme- “Climate change and health: research challenges for the health of vulnerable populations”.
Details after the jump.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Each author may submit one essay only.
- Essays may be submitted in English or French and should be 1500 words maximum.
- Essays must be based on the author’s own ideas and not be derived from another source.
- Essays must not have been previously published.
- Entries are individual (i.e., the work of a single author).
- They should include original, even provocative ideas and not be technical or academic texts: tables, charts and figures are probably not necessary; references should be limited.
- Authors are free to be idealistic, passionate, to take established practices to task, albeit in a constructive fashion.
- Within the context of research for health, the theme allows authors to include any aspect that interests them particularly – for example, extreme weather, natural disasters, fuels and energy, transport, water management, vectors, food production, demographics, urban planning, security.
Deadline for submission for entries: April 30, 2008
Announcement of Shortlists: End of June 2008
Notification of Winners: August 2008
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.
- water management
- Climate change
- natural disasters
- Essay Competition
- clmate change
- Global Forum for Health Research
- The Lancet