Your daily dose of headlines:
- Energy: Four ultra mega (super duper?) power projects have been greenlit by the Indian government across the country.
- Education: Microsoft is investing $20 million in education initiatives in India over the next five years. Along with their current programs which focus on resources and training, the company will partner with state governments to implement national programs.
- Employment: For technology graduates, according to a study completed by Accenture, India is the place with the most job opportunities this year (with the US coming in second place).
- Technology: Airtel and Nokia are working together to develop a regional language fonts keyboard. This will allow greater linkages with rural areas.
- Environment: Concern India Foundation, a non-profit public charitable trust, plans to introduce cloth shopping bags in Bangalore’s major retail stores and shopping destinations. This is just one of the initiatives from the NGO, along with a “Kachra Kumar” competition for children to capture litterers on camera. [Source: Business Standard]
- Indian government
- job opportunities
- NGOs and Non-profits
- Business Standard
- Cloth Shopping Bags
- Concern India Foundation
Updates from around the world
Our Partner Events
Hustle across India