Companies bullish on business outlook, but still cautious on hiring: TeamLease ReportTeam YS
Net Employment Outlook for the quarter January – March 2010 rises by 1 index point to 47%
Net Business Outlook stands at 41%, an increase of 10% compared to the previous quarter
Key Findings of Quarterly Employment Outlook Report
(January - March 2010)
- Employment Outlook Index for Quarter –XIII (Jan-Mar 2010) stands at 47 index points, which is 1% higher than the previous quarter. Among the sectors covered, there is an increase in index points of all sectors except Financial Services, Health care/Hospitality and Pharma. Infrastructure (with 69 points) has the highest index points followed by IT (with 59 points).
- Among cities, there is an increase in Employment Outlook index points of all cities except Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad. The Employment Outlook Index points of Pune increased the most (by 50 points) while it dropped the most for Delhi (by 24 points).
- In Quarter – XIII, the Net Business Outlook Index has shown an increase of 41 index points. The index points of most sectors are on the increase except Telecom and Pharma. The ITES sector increased the most (by 31 points).
- Among cities, there is an increase in Business Outlook index points of all cities except Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad. The Business Outlook Index points of Pune increased the most (by 63 points).
- It is observed that there is a decrease in the intention to hire at all Managerial levels.
- It is observed that there is an increase in the intention to hire in Marketing and Customer Service functions
- During the past 3 months as well as the last 1 year, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Delhi had the highest attrition rates compared to other cities. Ahmedabad had the lowest attrition rate in both last 3 months as well as in last 1 year.
India, January 13, 2010: TeamLease Services Private Limited, India’s largest staffing company, today released its latest Employment Outlook Report for the period Jan – Mar 2010.
TeamLease releases the Employment Outlook Report every quarter after a survey administered to the HR heads, CEOs and Senior Management of leading companies in India. The study, which covered 501 companies in the latest round, focuses on the employment growth potential, the business outlook and hiring forecasts with relation to the location and the company profile. The report serves as a reference manual to corporate houses to understand the employment trend in the present market scenario at major cities across the country.
According to Rajesh AR, VP, TeamLease Services Pvt Ltd, “Hiring sentiments have marginally improved this quarter, in line with the Industry’s positive outlook. Our estimates show that there would be a leap of faith during this current quarter and trends will not just hold out, they will be bolder and result in higher employment gains. That said, employers are cautious and are placing stronger emphasis on skill-gap and employability. It must be noted that the intention to hire is still weak this time around. The jitters have been shaken off, however, and the numbers are now likely to ramp up steadily.
TeamLease India Jobs’ Hotline:
TeamLease Services is also providing assessments of skills for job-seekers, besides matching the candidates’ profiles with the available jobs in the country.
Jobs’ Hotline: For assessment and jobs the candidate can call the Jobs’ Hotline 60012345 from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, 7 days a week.
SMS: Candidates can send sms to 56161 by typing ‘jobs’ and sms 56161. They will be called back and assessed.
Portal: Candidate can login to the TeamLease Website (www.teamlease.com) and upload their CV. The candidate will be contacted by TeamLease centre for further updates.
Email: Any candidate could also send a mail to email@example.com with a copy of the resume. The candidate will be called by TeamLease for further process and update.
About TeamLease Services Pvt. Ltd: TeamLease Services (TeamLease™), India's largest Staffing Solutions Company, has been spearheading the Temporary Staffing revolution in India for more than 6 years now. In this short span of time, TeamLease has deployed more than half a million candidates, and in doing so, it has emerged as one of India's largest private sector employers. The company currently has over 74,000 employees on its rolls, in over 520 locations across the country, working for more than 1000 clients. TeamLease serves its clients, associates and candidates through a network of 18 offices, a nationwide toll-free helpline [600 12345], employment exchanges in partnership with state governments, the web (www.teamlease.com), and a host of employability initiatives such as assessments, training and counseling.
For more information contact:
Vikas Kamboj, Adfactors PR Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
Landline: 080 – 4113 3061
Cell +91 97422 72207