Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) Jamshedpur is set to organize its second national level conference on “Solutions for Inclusive Development” from January 29 to January 31, 2010.XLRI seems to have learnt a bit about the down side of the way conferences held in a conventional manner from its experience in its first conference
They miss out on two opportunities, viz.,
- they fail to leverage the rich experience which the participants bring with themselves, and
- they don’t facilitate co-creation of new solutions, networks, alternatives through collaborative problem-solving.
So they have positioned the second conference as a “Working conference” in which the participants will learn from hands on experience solving real problems.
The conference aims to:
- facilitate learning by actively involving the participants in collectively solving real, live problems, which are of their interest and concern.
- leverage the rich experience and competence available in the participants’ community to address real challenges, issues and opportunities facing the sector, and help learning from each other.
- result in relevant and concrete “take-home” learning (solutions and alternatives) for the participants, which can be implemented.