Don’t know about the silver lining but the cloud will definitely help your bottom line. That’s the key takeaway from today’s panel discussion on “Latest Trends on Cloud Computing”. The message that came across the discussion was that cloud computing is going to be a tremendous opportunity for Indian software startups.
This event was part of the “Capital Connection” program organized by IBF Media at Hotel Ista, Bangalore. The Capital Connection is an event series focused on serving the needs of entrepreneurs looking to connect with participants in the venture capital eco-system, technology executives, and to get access to capital and resources to help build their growing enterprises.
The event saw Microsoft’s Rajneesh and Google’s Abhishek share the stage with entrepreneurs and VCs. The event was moderated by Ashish Gupta of Helion Advisors Pvt Ltd who did a great job of rephrasing some of the technologically charged lingo into something the audience could relate to.
Cloud computing is the buzzword in the IT industry nowadays. So what is cloud computing? This is what the panelists had to say
- Cloud is a platform for computing; Software as a Service (SaaS) on the other hand is an application.
- Resources are pooled and you use whatever you want and pay accordingly.
- Cloud computing is the new hardware, SaaS is the new software.
- Cloud computing will play a phenomenal role in the growth of the Indian software industry and will take it to the next level.
- Cloud computing gives a lot of scalability and elasticity
- Cloud computing can help businesses and end users get a much better experience.
- Cloud computing enables new business.
The event first among the many such events was a great success with the panelists and audience walking away with a new understanding of cloud computing. The event ended with the panelists and various other entrepreneurs catching up with each other over the cocktail dinner party.