Genesis2010 : Social Entrepreneurship Business Plan Competition : March 31Team YS
The Siva group and C-TIDES, the Entrepreneurship Cell of IIT Madras, Chennai, is organizing a social entrepreneurship business plan competition naming, Genesis2010,
The competition has started from February 2010 and will continue till August of this year. It will be a great opportunity for people having just ideas and willing to make a social impact. YourStory is the exclusive online media sponsor for this event.
The contest provides a stage for those interested in the social entrepreneurship field to come up with innovations and business ideas that can bring about radical improvements, catering to specific problems faced by the society, get their ideas reviewed by experienced VCs, incubators and successful social entrepreneurs, refine and fine-tune business-plans and models, find like-minded people on the forum and build up a strong team, collaborate with mentors and financers, face the stumbling blocks on the path to enterprise development through strong backing and guidance by our associate organizations.
The competition is open to all students and working professionals (including NGOs) who have ideas that are innovative, feasible and can benefit society. The only restriction is that 50% of the registered members of every team that enters this competition should be students.
Genesis this time is bigger than ever due to the following -
1. Rs. 3 Lakhs as cash prize money
2. Rs. 50 Lakhs as Seed Funding through (above the prize money) Indian Angel Network (IAN).
3. Formal Introduction with a team of angel investors
4. 3 months long extensive mentoring for finalists
5. 2 stage process to help you draft your business plan (executive summary -> project charter -> business plan)
6. Finals to happen in an Asian summit (ASES) which will be attended by delegates from Stanford university, Japan, China, Korea, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong-Kong etcetera.
7. A 'Villgro Special award' to the tune of Rs. 50,000 for business plans in agriculture, dairy, energy and water sectors focused on Rural Areas
8. Winners pitch their ideas in Genesis Summit.
9. Endless Networking opportunities
In its past editions, Genesis has seen enormous participation not only from various parts of the country but also from internationally acclaimed universities .The Plans received in the first three editions concerned different aspects like generation of rural employment, environment, education, low cost healthcare etc. Quite a few of the ideas received in the first three editions have been incubated and they are running successfully today.
Last Date for submitting Executive Summary is 31st March 2010