Reliance Communications breaks away from tariff metering tradition of Indian telecom industry
- Takes Simply Reliance initiative to the next level
- Offers ground-breaking Prepaid CDMA Unlimited Pack that allows unlimited, unconditional talktime for a one-time monthly charge
- Maintains the flexibility for all calls to Any Network, Anywhere, Anytime in India
- Applicable to calls made to Mobile, Landline and FWP
Mumbai, May 6, 2010 : Following the success of its first three Simply Reliance Initiatives, Reliance Communications today announced the extension of Simply Reliance through another ground-breaking Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer, as part of its 100 Million Customers Milestone celebrations. Through this new Offer Reliance Communications breaks away
from the conventional tariff metering practise of the Indian telecom industry. The new Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer aims to redefine the Indian mobile telecom space as well as expand the overall Simply Reliance portfolio through yet another simple and transparent Offering that delivers enhanced value through a single unconditional monthly recharge facility.
Under the Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer, Reliance Communications is launching two unique calling packs.
The Simply Unlimited CDMA Local Pack allows Reliance customers unlimited local calling at a monthly recharge of Rs. 299. This pack offers Unlimited Onnet free calls to any local Reliance phone as well as virtually Unlimited free local calls to any other network. All National Long Distance within Reliance network and National Long Distance to all other
networks will be charged at 50 paisa / min
The Simply Unlimited CDMA National Pack allows Reliance customers unlimited calling across the country for a monthly recharge of Rs. 599 only. This Pack offers unlimited free calls to any Reliance phone in India (Reliance GSM, CDMA or Fixed Line) whether Local or National. The Pack also offers Virtually Unlimited local or national long distance free calls to other Networks in India.
The primary objective of the Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer is “simplification to the core” and extends the Simply Reliance initiative of per second, per minute and per call to per month basis without further reservations on usage, balance, recharge etc for Reliance Mobile CDMA prepaid customers.
Commenting on the new simplified offering, Mr Syed Safawi, CEO – Wireless Business, Reliance Communications said, “The launch of Simply Reliance Initiative last year simplified the confusion resulting out of 1000’s of tariff Plans. With the launch of our new Pack today, we aim to address the customers’ need of a large group who do not wish to be bogged down by concerns related to balance, recharges etc. The new product aims to cater to diverse customer needs with the same simplicity & unconditional transparency.”
Reliance is launching the Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer for existing as well as new customers. This new Offer is a direct result of research undertaken by the company to understand customers’ tariff expectations from its mobile operator. A large group of customers in the mid and high usage segments are still confused about the multiplicity of current tariffs
which range from seconds-based to minute-based to call based variants. RCOM’s new Pack eliminates the still existing multiplicity of current tariff plans in the form of pulse rate, on-net or off-net distinctions, night or day calling, mobile, landline or FWP calling, local or long-distance calling practises. Reliance Communications will leverage its
large scale of operations, enormous capacity and unmatched telecom network to drive these pricing innovations.
Commenting on the simplicity of the new Offer, Mr Mahesh Prasad, President Marketing – Wireless Business, Reliance Communications said, “Most of the current market offerings make certain distinction in terms of usage on local versus long-distance, , on-net versus off-net calling or daytime versus night time. Through our Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer, we plan to further simplify this confusion by doing away with the tariff metering practices of the Indian telecom industry since the introduction of first mobile service in India.”
This new offering under Simply Reliance Initiative extends tariff-less benefit to:
- All Local calls
- All STD calls
- To any CDMA or GSM Mobile or Landline on any network
- Anytime of the day or night
- Without any hidden charges or any conditions, whatsoever
Simply Reliance Initiative is supported by RCOM's 3G-Ready network offering a number of innovations to our customers. These include:
- Next-gen electronics for super digital voice clarity
- Seamless coverage on major railway routes, national and state highways through dedicated mobile towers
- Access to a Reliance owned fibre network for unlimited capacity – both in India and overseas, resulting in unmatched quality on local, STD or ISD calls
- Nationwide enhanced capabilities for fastest internet access speeds
- Stutter-free video capability including numerous TV channels, sports updates as well as access to popular video sharing websites like Youtube
- Widest R-World mobile content offering entertainment, music, news, cricket, Bollywood, maps and search
- One-click set-up and access to email and social networking offering convenience of a PC
The new Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer is being offered with fair usage in mind to bonafide retail customers and not for commercial use. Both the Unlimited Packs are subject to Fair Usage condition of 30 mins/day (900 mins/month) applies to Offnet calls. Beyond 30 mins/day, these calls will be charged at 50 paisa / min