Entrepreneurship@Wavefront Program ; Incubation for wireless startupsTeam YS
Wavefront is a commercialization centre supporting the growth of Canada’s wireless industry. In partnership with BCIC, Wavefront is pleased to announce an entrepreneurship acceleration program for B.C. wireless technology companies called Entrepreneurship@Wavefront. This program is designed to support and nurture early stage wireless technology companies for their first twelve months as they move from technology concept to commercial launch.
Wireless companies participating in the Entrepreneurship@Wavefront program not only receive one-year access to office space in Wavefront’s collaborative wireless incubator environment, but they also receive a $10,000 credit that can be used on Wavefront’s Advisory and Testing services. Take advantage of the opportunity to have easy onsite access to a suite of services and shared resources designed to help start-up wireless companies reduce time-to-market and accelerate time-to-revenue.
Successful applicants will also benefit from BCIC’s support network of seasoned entrepreneurs and industry experts who can provide additional mentorship and guidance necessary to launch and grow a successful wireless technology company. Deadline to apply for this program is July 21, 2010.
- Accelerated time-to-market and time-to-revenue with your wireless technology concept
- Capital efficiency with access to Wavefront’s shared test resources
- Fostered company growth and global expansion strategy
- Mentorship from Wavefront and its network of partners
- Dedicated cube space and downtown mailing address in Wavefront’s Vancouver office
- Lockable desk drawer and filing cabinet
- Desk phone with dedicated phone number and local calling
- Internet Access via Wavefront’s 100Mbps Internet pipe
- 1 hour of boardroom time per month
- Full kitchen facilities
- Access to colour printing, scanning, copying
Business and Technical Advisory Services
Utilizing experienced wireless players, Wavefront will assess, advise and refine the participants’ business and technical strategies. These sounding board sessions will be conducted by Wavefront in-house experts or by professionals drawn from Wavefront’s trusted partner network.
The program’s advisory services will:
- Assist with market research and competitive analysis
- Provide support and direction on business strategy, sales, marketing, technical planning and QA testing.
- Leverage existing relationships and knowledge to accelerate business development in Canada, the U.S. and other international markets.
- Include technology validations and assessments to help optimize the technical strategy.
Technical development and preparation would be facilitated through the services and capabilities of Wavefront’s world class wireless resources.
Program participants have access to:
- A handset library of over 300 mobile devices
- Professional usability lab and services for product evaluation
- Live European 2G/3G network via Orange Development Centre in Vancouver
- Ericsson’s carrier-grade network test facility
- Power measurement testing equipment
- RF Shielded Boxes
- Multiple remote handset testing solutions, such as Perfecto Mobile, Mob4Hire, etc
- Anritsu Network Simulator
- Anritsu Radio Communication Analyzer
Education and Training
Wavefront conducts over a dozen training seminars each year, with topics covering both the business and technical aspects of the wireless industry. Participants of the Entrepreneurship@Wavefront program are guaranteed a spot at these sold-out events.
The Entrepreneurship@Wavefront program is open to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- B.C. based and must incorporate upon entry into the program
- Pre-commercial/concept stage
- Technology company with wireless focus
Participants will plan their commercialization actions with Wavefront and will report their progress on a quarterly basis.
Individuals who are interested in applying to the Entrepreneurship@Wavefront Program should register for the program with their basic applicant information and we will contact you with further details. Deadline to apply for this program is July 21, 2010.