- In one of the networking event recently met a writer who writes for well known newspaper, while talking with her, explained her it’s really hard to find some good content writers and we were talking about the new media, I was explaining to her about the Panda update, content and more. So how can you make content that stands out, here are my thoughts on how you can make your content stand out.Every blog post or article should be like a newspaper or magazine article. Note: Not like a press release but like an article. News papers, magazines somehow make most of the article interesting. The headlines are catchy, more importantly the source, data is being backed up and relevant to the headlines. Create catchy headlines; back it up with relevant data and content. Media personals are hungry to get new information; they are always behind the right people to get information related to the article including interviews. If you are writing a blog post, email or content for web page, think of how users will find it useful, relevant, meaningful and news worthy. Go after the source, if you are writing an post mobile application, talk to the right person i.e the developer, you might be able to get a lot of insights from the developer. He/she might give some insight that you can be great content.
- Get content Ideas within your Face book group/pages network: Most of the network you are part of will provide you great content ideas, look for comments, new posts from your network, there are people looking for answers, if you are an expert, you can provide the answer or you can refer to some blogs or website. Take that question and convert it to a blog post. When you provide an answer and write a blog post about, you are making the person who asked the question happy + giving resources to the group and creating great content for your blog.
- Receptionist/Customer care personals can be content producers: The first person to receive a call, respond to your company emails or talk to the walk ins is your receptionist, he/she can be a good source for your content development. Ask her/him about the questions people ask, when they first walk in, or receive a call, It could be a good content for your FAQ’s as well. You might get more content ideas from them. Every phone can be a blog post idea
- Your Friends and family can be Information providers: Amit Singhal has written a good blog post in Google webmaster central blog about Panda updates and given some guidelines on building high quality sites, in one of the points he mentioned about insightful or interesting information, it would be great to do original research and write an article but you don’t have to be researcher or analyst to come up with insightful and interesting information, listening and hearing from friends and family regarding your product/service or features can be insightful and interesting information, as a content producer, you can make your content interesting after hearing from your friends and family, their views about your product and services might be interesting content for others.
- Your smart phone can be a content producer: How many times you have seen a bill board, sign, and interesting things happening in your day to day life? A lot, everything can be interesting. Capture those wonderful moments and share your views, compare it with your area of interest, the other day I saw a billboard where Face book allowing to update your status via phone, take a picture and share your views such as mobile marketing features, statistics on social networking sites and how people are using social networking sites etc.
- Extra tip, Don’t be afraid to include controversy in your blog posts
Another place to get Expert Advice for FREE!!!
If you are seeking to get content ideas or SEO, PPC, Online advertising, communities like OME Online Marketing Enthusiast community, where online marketing experts share their expertise actively, Post your questions, ask suggestions, get feedback from the industry experts. They also conduct free monthly meetups in IIM Bangalore, Christ University Bangalore.
Monthly Meetups Details: http://www.eventbrite.com/org/457339120?s=1728853
About Suresh Babu
Suresh is the founder of Web Marketing Academy, an online marketing training and consulting academy and Co– founder of Online Marketing Enthusiast Community, a community of passionate online marketing enthusiast in Bangalore, India. He is the Director and organizer of Search Marketing Summit India, public speaker, Guest lectures on Web/Social Media Marketing for various colleges , universities and corporate trainer in India