01. We pay salary, but we don’t take any
There are three guys who believed us more than we believed ourselves and joined our team within six months of us starting-up. Whatever expenses came our way through the month, we always kept their salary on top priority. Our salary? We thank all our friends and family who bear all our personal expenses and prevent us from going broke.
02. Mid 20’s, young and entrepreneurs too, but we don’t have a girlfriend
Mystery remains unsolved. We still can’t figure out the reason nor can we find the root cause to this biggest problem in the world. One of our developers even tried a poetic approach, but we guess nowadays girls don’t recognize talent. Want to read that poem? Alright, here you go.
“You are CSS to my HTML, and my BODY is incomplete without your SCRIPT”
03. Talk about millions and billions, when we even don’t have thousands
- “Facebook bought Instagram for billion dollars? You know dude, Instagram is cool, but they didn’t even have a business model.”
- “I don’t understand mate, why investors are dumping millions and millions in Flipkart as they are not making any profit yet.”
- “Da, we have to check how to purchase Facebook’s stock because I think their price is going to shoot high in near future.”
Hell of a lot of our conversations involve millions and billions, but everything pauses when we see an alert email for our credit card’s second month due. WTF?
04. Business plan document. Business Plan, What?
This is one of our favorites. We launched our flagship product ‘HONEYTASK’ five months ago and nominated our product for some of the ‘Big Daddy’ demos. After we answered all the pre-requisites in a form, there was an attachment field “Submit Your Business Plan Document [BPD],” Bang, TRAPPED! It was too complex, even more than our 16-mark university questions.
05. Talking about equity and ESOP with team
Every time we speak about shares and equity with our team; they give us a weird look like zombies from other planets are talking to them.
06. Auto correct option for the word ENTREPRNEUER ENTREPRENEUR
Self-explanatory! Of course, thanks to MS Word.
07. We say two ‘F’s very often
“Funding” either from friends or family or from Angels, we discuss about it a lot (Yes, we know, who doesn’t). So far, we are too happy to keep our start-up bootstrapped, and we made a resolution not to approach or even think about external funding from Angels or VC’s until we get our first penny from our customers for our product. We always believe in our instincts, after all growth of a start-up is based on one’s instincts. As Steve Jobs said, believe in something — your gut, destiny or Karma.
What is Second ‘F’? Come on yaar, if you are an entrepreneur and running a start-up, you should have used it zillion times a day. Can’t guess, WTF(beep)
08. Lot of biographies
Hell a lot of! We read biographies right from Steve Jobs to Rajnikanth to Narayana Murthy to Che Guevara.
09. Feel comfortable with a laptop rather than a pillow when we sleep
Who says only an expensive mattress and couch can get you good sleep? We are not sure how many nights we slept near our laptops.
10. We drive without destination
Whenever we lose our mind or run out of patience, we go for a long drive. After some 40 to 50 minutes into the drive we will be out of limbo and realize we are almost out of city limit. The result: Mind relaxed and ready to go for the kill.
Please share your thoughts and experiences, we’d even love to hear about your start-up moments.
About the author: