Wipro Technologies and The Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), in a joint research report predict that the Indian MVAS market will grow at a CAGR of 25% between 2012 and 2015 to reach US $9.5 billion in 2015, from an estimated US $4.9 billion in 2012 (Know all the basics about MVAS here)
Wipro and IAMAI conducted an in-depth evaluation of over 450 consumers and providers of MVAS in India to identify the major drivers and barriers of the Indian MVAS market and provide insights that will help to grow this market. The research focused on the mEducation, mEntertainment, mFinance and mHealthapplication areas.
Opportunities for different participants in the Indian MVAS market include:
• Domestic mobile operators could focus on providing better network and connectivity
• Global operators could increase their base by testing new VAS offerings in the Indian market
• Content and VAS technology could focus on the consumer experience and developing personalized content
• Original equipment manufacturers could innovate with lost cost smartphones and mobile devices to drive penetration
The report also highlights areas of concern that the industry could collectively address:
• Value Perception. Even though 96% of the survey respondents accessed the internet on mobile devices, only 56% had subscribed to some form of paid MVAS
• Service Complexity. Complexity was consistently rated as a key barrier to service adoption. For instance, 64% of participants believed that advanced mobile health services would to be too complex to use.
• User Experience. Users expressed concern about the unique aspects of the mobile experience that could compromise usability. For instance, 56% of participants were concerned about the screen size of mobile devices.
Download the report here
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.