[Infographic] Delhi Startup Pulse: More than 50% are eCommerce startups!
TechSparks is YourStory’s flagship event whose fifth edition we concluded last month (top 30 companies that presented). This multi city event has city editions before going to Bangalore for the Grand Finale. One of the city events was in Delhi where close to 300 participants from the startup ecosystem (out of which ~50% would be entrepreneurs) turned up. We had some questions for them and from what they responded, we’ve come up with an infographic which has some interesting insights into the Delhi ecosystem.
- E-commerce and Consumer Internet startups form 52% and 39% of the survey respondents respectively
- Only 39% of the startups are revenue generating and only 31% are profit making
- 72% of the startups are leveraging Android while iOS and Windows are being leveraged by 59% of the startups
- 35% of the startups are leveraging Amazon Web Service and 27% of the startups are leveraging Google App Engine for their cloud requirement
- 14% of all startups have headcount growth plans of 10-20 in the coming 6-12 months
- 46% of the startups have only 2 co-founders
- 27% of the startups were bootstrapped
- 63% of the startups were looking for seed funding and 21% for Series A in the next 6-12 months
- 83% of the startups had not pitched to an investor till date
Here's the infographic: