Flipkart is all set to become India’s favourite workplace, especially for women. The Indian startup, known for leading by example, has rolled out its new maternity benefit program which entitles all new mothers to get 6 months of paid maternity leave; along with 4 months of flexible working hours with full pay, and a year long career break without pay.
Flipkart’s new Maternity Benefits Program enables new mothers multiple benefits which includes –
- All new mother get six months paid leave (can start three months before expected date of delivery).
- Post return to work, women employees can avail four months of flexible working hours with full pay along with continuity on the same job.
- Avail an extended leave up to 12 months (career break without pay) and return to available jobs at that point.
- Up to Rs 600 per day transport reimbursement for two months before going on maternity break.
- Dedicated parking spot for two months before and after delivery.
- Maternity claim of Rs 65,000 for normal delivery and Rs 80,000 for C-Section.
- Maternity packages from hospital tie-ups.
- Creche support through tie-ups with day-care centers – on a co-share basis (50-50).
- Maternity care program – advice from wellness coach on parenting, work-life balance, family health, etc.
- Mother’s Room for personal care.
- Baby shower.
- Gift Basket loaded with goodies.
Celebrating the joy of motherhood with its employees, Flipkart released the below info-graphic on their twitter page (source)-
According to Mekin Maheshwari, Chief People Officer, Flipkart:
At Flipkart, we want to create a world class work environment. We want to support women employees achieve work-life balance as they continue to focus on their careers. With the introduction of these policies, Flipkart aims to create a safe, secure and an inclusive work atmosphere.
The statutory maternity leave in India is for three months. This is paid leave and can be extended up to six months with loss of pay. This is the standard policy followed across most companies in India. Recently InMobi had declared its flexible maternity leave policy which was aimed towards making their workplace better for women employees. With Flipkart joining the bandwagon of celebrating motherhood, the future looks promising.
Image Credit : Shutterstock
Related Stories :
Maternity leave is for protection of women workers’ health, says TN high court
InMobi shows the way forward for big corporates with its flexi maternity leave policy
- Human resource management
- Work–life balance
- Parental leave
- Family law
- Employee benefit
- wellness coach
- maternity leave