Register now: Get up close and personal with your startup role modelsTeam YS
The Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem continues to gain momentum with more happening every day. At the Startup India, Standup India launch in New Delhi on 16 January, the Modi government announced a comprehensive startup policy to promote new businesses ideas, including pre-incubation training, tax exemptions, easier compliance norms, and assistance with protection of intellectual property rights. The country now has a very strong base of founders, whose collective experience and learning gives the new generation of entrepreneurs everything they need to build a successful business.
Another notable launch coming up in February is a seed fund from Kalaari Capital, one of India’s leading tech-focused venture capital funds.
Kalaari plans to actively promote early-stage startups through Kstart, a unique seed funding programme they’re launching. As part of the launch, Kalaari is hosting a day-long event in Bengaluru on Friday, 5 February 2016, where attendees can interact with successful entrepreneurs, industry stalwarts and key stakeholders in India’s early-stage ecosystem. It is an opportunity to listen, learn, and network with the best minds in this space. It is also an event that we at YourStory truly identify with as it promises to not only inspire new ideas, but foster innovation and ignite the passion to realize a dream.
So how do you get to attend an event that’s invitation-only and has limited seats? Well, YourStory, in association with Kalaari Capital, is giving away passes to those who can give us a compelling reason for wanting to attend. So fill out this application form and tell us why you deserve a pass and what you’re looking to take away from this event.
Here’s why we think the launch event is a fantastic opportunity
- Hear what the legends have to say – Ratan Tata, India’s most iconic businessman will share his learnings from a lifetime of achievements. Need we say more? Also taking the stage for a most unconventional and intimate conversation will be three extremely successful founders – Bhavish Agarwal of Ola, Mukesh Bansal of Myntra and Naveen Tewari of InMobi.
- Discover trends in the offing – David Rowan, Editor of Wired UKmagazine, will talk about the future you never saw coming and the disruptive forces that shape innovation in a quick-paced, spellbinding talk.
- Meet all the right people – This is a one-day, by-invitation-only event for startups and entrepreneurs, which means you’ll get interact with like-minded people over an action-packed nine hours. Even a casual conversation could turn into a catalyzing partnership or an opportunity to learn from their failures.
- Get inspired – The event promises to surround you with ideas and motivation, and provide you with insights you can’t get anywhere else.
- And finally – Interact with the folks at Kalaari to discover how Kstart can take your idea to the next level with the right mentoring and enablers in place.
Event date: Friday, 05 February 2016, in Bangalore
Last date for applications: Wednesday, 27 January 2016