If men were to be treated the same way as women!Sharika Nair
From magazines to family to colleagues, women hear several sorts of advice from all quarters on a daily basis. What if men were to receive similar tips, suggestions and advice?
Headlines of articles for men would be as follows
Guys, you can balance fatherhood and work!
Gentlemen you live in the 21st century, you can balance children and work. Don’t feel guilty for getting back to your career.
Easy recipes to cheer your wife up after a long day at work
Has your wife been stressed about work? Here are five easy recipes that would bring the smile back on her face.
Easy steps to be a good son-in-law and earn brownie points with your in-laws
Win your in-laws over with these simple and easy tips.
- Smile a lot
- Dress conservatively
- Cook their favourite food
- Be respectful to your wife, so they know how lucky they are to get such a dutiful son-in-law
- Don’t be too opinionated
Plan your ‘me-time’
Me-time is very important. Occasionally, say once a month or once in two months, let your wife take care of the children and household chores. Go and get a relaxing massage at the spa or hang out with the boys. Don’t feel guilty about it.
How to look good
Wear flattering clothes that hide your problem areas and highlight your good points. Hide the beer belly with an empire cut shirt. It is important to follow the latest fashion trends, but flaunt your figure without wearing anything too revealing since gentlemen should be classy.
And this is what men could hear from people around them – relatives, neighbours, and new acquaintances.
- Do you have a maid to help you with housework?
- What kind of food do you cook for your family?
- Do you work? I mean, do you have a job?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children?
- Oh, you have been married for three years and no children yet?? Why?!
- Wow!!! Your wife supports your career choice, you are so lucky!
- Wow! Your wife helps you with household chores, you are so lucky!
- Thanks for coming over for this get-together. All the men are in the kitchen, getting the snacks ready. Please join them.
There are many men and even women who feel feminism involves an unnecessary set of demands from paranoid women, who are hallucinating imaginary sexism and gender bias everywhere. If only men could spend a day as a woman, and deal with these kind of experiences themselves. And to the women, who are inured to the treatment meted out to them and justify it saying it is the way of the world, do you not want the world to be a better place for your daughters?