Facebook is not just a social media platform, it is an essential part of our lives. Not only did it make us socially active, but also made us writers, photographers, activists and marketers. All of this, by just giving us a platform to showcase everything we want to. However, the company is now predicting the end of the written format as a medium of communication.
Image : shutterstock
says , “Facebook will definitely be mobile and it will probably be all video.” Video actually conveys so much more information in a shorter time period. This observation by Nicola has come from studying changes in content formats and the dynamic shifts in the way information is shared.
Facebook has actually built a system where you don’t have to press buttons, touch keypads or even adjust your phone volume to enjoy a video and captivate your audience with your content. More and more brands are now engaging in the video format to interact with their customers. A Buffer research survey found that videos generally drive an increase in engagement, number of impressions (views) and click per view.
Facebook also started giving brands such as BuzzFeed and Nat Geo permission to post 360 degree videos and has also launched Facebook Live, a live streaming video app. Here is how you and your business can leverage this silent video revolution:
- Understand that video is the future, and start tailoring your marketing team’s mindset towards the same.
- Do a market research all over again! Evaluate your current and historic ad sets to understand how your audience has reacted to your customised content so far. Also, compare your content across all your marketing platforms. This will help you map performance.
- Each social media platform has its own specific goals. On Facebook, the autoplay feature is the main reason that videos are being watched and shared widely. However, auto play does not automatically trigger sound. So if your message is all in the audio, then it may get lost and the content may be ineffective on Facebook. So, videos need to be made keeping in mind the specific channel they are going to be disseminated on.
- Understand what makes a compelling video. Once you have your target market identified, look at the product or service you are trying to push. Look up what your competitors are posting. Unless your content engages your audience, they will not watch it fully. They will tend to to simply scroll on and move on to something else that interests them.
- Chances are you will be shooting a video through your DSLR camera or your point-and-shoot camera. Such videos will require quite a bit of editing. So be sure to equip yourself with the knowledge of some brilliant apps you could choose from to edit your videos.
- Keep your videos short, quirky and to the point. Lastly, keep track of your ad performance through Facebook pixels, just like you would do for any other platform.
If you have spotted any other recent trends through your resources or your personal observation, do share them, and let’s discuss them in the comments section below.
(Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of YourStory.)
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.