Are you creating your own definition of success? Tissot’s Signature Innovators Club calls for nominationsSindhu MV
This announcement is sponsored by Tissot
Think of everything that has made your life simpler, better, and happier today. You’ll realise that these were ideas that people never thought possible until an innovator came along and turned these ideas into reality. Innovators are timeless role models and we have set out to discover the next Da Vinci, or Bach, or Bezos.
Innovators, for their part will say that while their success stories are exciting, the journey hasn’t been without its challenges. Yet, it doesn’t stop them from pushing the envelope because the payoff is much more than making it big or reaping monetary rewards. It’s about doing the things you love, impacting lives, and changing people’s perceptions.
If you are, or even know, an innovator, entrepreneur, or startup, it’s time to apply to or nominate someone for the Tissot’s Signature Innovators Club.
TISSOT, with its signature 'Innovators by Tradition', has been pioneering craftsmanship and innovation since its foundation in 1853. ‘Innovators by tradition’ is more than a claim for Tissot, it is the very essence of the brand. The brand always adds the touch of modernity and novelty to everything it does which has in turn led to the creation of many ‘firsts’ throughout its long history of more than 16o years.
A brand that is synonymous with innovation, TISSOT will foster and celebrate India’s innovators through the Tissot’s Signature Innovators Club campaign. As part of the campaign, it will recognise and celebrate one entrepreneur every month, beginning August, for the next twelve months, until July 2017. Every month, Tissot and YourStory will call for entries from the fields of Fitness, Sports, Music, Hospitality, Art, Photography, Consumer IoT, and Social Impact. If your innovation falls outside these categories, but could have significant impact on any sector, nominate yourself anyway, and we’ll be happy to consider your application.
How it works
It doesn’t matter if you’re an entrepreneur or not. The only thing we’re looking for is how your innovation made something better. Apply for the Tissot’s Signature Innovators Club and get a chance to tell the world your story. Applications for October are now open, and will close on 21 October 2016. YourStory will publish the first winner’s name in the first week of September.
Every month, a jury put together by Tissot and YourStory will evaluate all the entries taking into consideration how innovative the idea is, the innovator’s journey, his or her successes and how they overcame roadblocks to turn their idea into a reality.
The grand prize each month will be a Tissot Signature timepiece, a gesture that celebrates their defining moments in time that made them the innovators that they are today, and their success in the future. Each of the 12 winners will also be featured on YourStory in an exclusive story that will be amplified on social media too!
What you have to do
- Fill out the application form. Make sure you tell us how your innovation has made an impact.
- Tell us a little about your background. What led to your innovation, and how did it become a reality?
- Fill in all the fields to strengthen your case.
- If your application is shortlisted for that month, we'll send you an email letting you know.
- Read the fine print at the end of this post.
Watch this space for more.
Terms and Conditions
- Professionals (or the families of these professionals) working with YourStory Media Pvt Ltd or Tissot, or their partner/affiliate firms cannot participate in the Signature Innovators Club (SIC) series.
- If you are working for an organisation, and your innovation has been carried out in the line of work for that organisation, you will need to take written permission from the organisation to be able to participate in SIC and get featured on YourStory.
- YourStory reserves the right to publish all material submitted on the site for review.
- Tissot and YourStory reserve all rights to make change(s) and/ or amendment(s) to the existing terms and conditions, at their sole discretion, without any prior notice.
- The outcome of the decision made by Tissot and YourStory regarding the contest shall be final and binding on all participants and in no event shall the participants dispute the decision made by Tissot and YourStory and/or their employees in connection to the awards and/or otherwise.
- The prize winning entry each month will be gifted one timepiece from Tissot.
- Tissot and YourStory Media Pvt Ltd can terminate the Signature Innovators Club series without prior notification at the end of any month, without providing any reasons to do so.
- The Nominee(s) of the awards agree that he/she shall indemnify and keep indemnified and hold harmless Tissot and YourStory and their employees, officers, contractors or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by him/her, in any manner whatsoever in connection with the contest and shall also not file in person and/or through any family member and/or any third party applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against Tissot or YourStory to claim any damages and/ or reliefs and/ or otherwise.
- All decisions will be taken by Tissot (full name of company) or their authorised representatives, and not by YourStory Media Pvt Ltd.
- The terms of these rules shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and in case of any dispute or any other matter arising in reference to the awards and/ or otherwise shall be referred to a sole arbitrator to be appointed by YourStory and shall be governed by the provisions of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Bangalore and the same shall be conducted in English language. The costs, charges and expenses in connection to arbitration shall be solely borne by the Nominee(s) disputing the same.