One of the major announcements from the Apple launch event today was the Apple Watch Series 2, the next generation of the popular smartwatch. Packed with fitness and health capabilities, including a water resistant 50-metre rating for swimming, and built-in GPS, Apple Watch Series 2 users can now run without an iPhone. Apple Watch Series 2 also features a dramatically brighter display and a powerful dual-core processor.
Combined with the performance enhancements of watchOS 3, Apple Watch Series 2 makes it even easier to access third-party apps, receive and respond to notifications and conveniently use Apple Pay. According to the official release, Apple Watch Series 2 will be available in more than 25 countries beginning Friday, September 16 while India will have to wait till late October.
Some of the top features of Apple Watch Series 2 include the following:
Fitness & Health
Apple Watch Series 2 is rated water-resistant 50 metres for swimming, surfing or just playing in the pool. For swimmers, Apple developed all-new algorithms after hundreds of hours of research for two new workout options, pool and open water. Apple Watch Series 2 can count laps, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn.
With built-in GPS, Apple Watch Series 2 records precise distance, pace and speed for outdoor workouts such as walking, running or cycling, without needing to take an iPhone. Users can begin an outdoor workout immediately as Apple Watch Series 2 uses Wi-Fi, GPS and locally stored satellite data to quickly identify their location. On completion of an outdoor workout, view a route map that shows variations in speed in the Activity app on iPhone.
Whether running, going for a swim or walking between meetings, the Activity app on Apple Watch Series 2 counts all daily activity towards the Stand, Move and Exercise rings.
Apple pioneered the custom designed System in Package (SiP) for Apple Watch, and continues to develop this breakthrough technology with the second generation S2 chip. With a dual-core processor, the S2 chip takes performance to a new level, making Apple Watch up to 50 percent faster.
In addition, a new GPU has been added, which delivers up to two-times-greater graphics performance. Apple Watch Series 2 also features a dramatically brighter display — at 1,000 nits, it’s more than two times brighter— making this the brightest display Apple has ever shipped, so it’s even easier to see important information at a glance when outside on a sunny day.
Also read: Apple launches wireless headphone AirPods
watchOS 3 features significantly improved performance that makes it even simpler to launch favorite apps instantly, either from the watch face or with the new Dock, which displays the latest information already updated in the background. New fitness and health capabilities include Breathe app, designed to encourage users to take a moment in their day to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
The Activity app now includes the ability to share, compare and compete, keeping friends and family motivated. There is also a customised experience for wheelchair users to close their Activity rings, in addition to dedicated workouts.
Apple Watch is even more personal with new watch faces including Minnie Mouse, Activity and Numerals. Simply swipe edge-to-edge to swap out a new watch face and with the new Face Gallery in the Apple Watch app on iPhone, it’s even easier to customise watch faces and discover third-party apps.
Apple Watch lineup
Apple Watch Series 2 is available with all the new fitness and health capabilities in lightweight aluminum or stainless steel cases, paired with a wide variety of gorgeous new band colors.
Apple Watch Series 1 is available in lightweight aluminum and combines the new powerful dual-core processor and GPU with all the incredible features of the original Apple Watch, making it up to 50 percent faster.
Apple Watch Edition™ now comes in a ceramic, with a lustrous white case and all the features of Apple Watch Series 2. Ceramic is one of the hardest materials in the world — more than four times harder than stainless steel — with a beautiful, white, pearl-like finish, making Apple Watch Edition extremely scratch-resistant.
Apple Watch Nike+
Apple and Nike introduced Apple Watch Nike+ for anyone who runs, pairing exclusive Nike Sport Bands with Apple Watch Series 2, which features GPS, a two-times-brighter display, water resistance 50 metres, a powerful dual-core processor and watchOS 3.
Apple Watch Nike+ also includes exclusive Siri commands and iconic Nike watch faces along with deep integration with the new Nike+ Run Club app for unrivaled motivation to go for a run, coaching plans that adapt to your unique schedule and progress, and guidance from the world’s best coaches and athletes.
Apple Watch Hermès
Apple and Hermès introduced new Apple Watch Hermès styles and an expanded assortment of bands that incorporate Hermès' signature palette alongside a series of bold new colors.
Pricing & Availability
- Apple Watch is available in two different case sizes- 38mm and 42mm. Apple Watch Series 1 will be available in gold, rose gold, silver or space gray aluminum cases paired with a Sport Band and starts at $269 (US); Apple Watch Series 2 will be available in gold, rose gold, silver or space gray aluminum, or silver or space black stainless steel cases paired with a wide variety of bands starting at $369 (US); and the new ceramic Apple Watch Edition starts at $1249 (US) from Apple.com, Apple Stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers and carriers.
- Customers will be able to order Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Edition beginning Friday, September 9, with availability beginning Friday, September 16, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 9, with availability in late October, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Hermès will be available beginning Friday, September 23 in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Macau, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Edition will be available beginning Friday, September 23 in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Czech Republic, El Salvador, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Jersey, Kuwait, Macau, Monaco, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia and the US Virgin Islands.
- Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Edition will be available beginning Friday, October 7 in India and Mexico.
- Apple Watch Series 2 requires iPhone 5 or later running iOS 10 or later. watchOS 3 and iOS 10 will be available beginning Tuesday, September 13, as a free software update. Some features are not available in all regions or all languages.
- Every customer who buys Apple Watch from Apple will be offered free personal setup, in-store or online, to help set up and personalise their new Apple Watch with calendars, notifications, apps and more.
What do you think about the new Apple Watch and its availability? Let us know in the comments below.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.
- Apple Watch
- apple watch price india
- apple watch india launch
- apple watch series 2
- apple watch nike+
- apple watch series 2 nike+
- apple watch india