The world over, Bengaluru and information technology have always been mentioned in the same breath (think Silicon Valley of India and only one name comes to mind). In the last few years, the city has also established itself as the startup capital of the country. What has helped Bengaluru achieve such roaring success in the technology and electronics sector is the continued support from the Karnataka Government.
For the last 18 years, the state government has been celebrating the innovations and achievements in this space through its annual flagship IT event BengaluruITE.biz. This year too, the Department of IT & BT, in association with Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), is organising the 19th edition of BengaluruITE.biz. This year’s theme will focus on how to ‘Define the Next’ phase in this journey.
The three-day event, being held from November 28-30 at the Bangalore Palace, is a fantastic opportunity for entrepreneurs, developers, students, and others to mingle, reach out and discover what’s new Indian innovation ecosystem.
So if you are a creator, a dreamer, a doer and are looking for the next big idea, or the perfect networking platform, or pick up on trends shaping the space, this is the event that you should definitely be at.
Still need more convincing? Here are six more on why you absolutely should not miss BengaluruITE.biz 2016.
- Learning opportunities: Each day of the event day has a theme. The programmes on November 28 will focus on how to ‘Lead Next’, November 29 ‘Tech Next’ and November 30 ‘Start Next’. From inspiring keynote addresses by eminent speakers including GE’s Jim Fowler and SBI's Arundhati Bhattacharya to expert panel discussions, and the chance to connect with the entrepreneur and investors, or learn what’s new in the tech space, valuable takeaways are guaranteed.
- Technology showcase: Be among the lucky few who gets to see new technologies in their beta and final phases. This is especially useful if you are a potential entrepreneur with an idea in mind, and need more clarity on the implementation. The ‘Tech Next’ event, scheduled for November 30, will showcase new technology models in VR, AR, Robotics, Animation, and more.
- Idea currency: This is one of the special programmes that is part of the initiative. Participants can register and pitch disruptive ideas for impact. Of these, the 20 most disruptive will be shortlisted and showcased. The two top teams will make a final pitch at the ‘Young Entrepreneurs Startups in Soaring Spirits’ programme, where they stand a chance to grab investor attention.
- Creativity World Forum: Watch experts, inventors, innovators, thought leaders, and entrepreneurs from across over the globe come onto a single platform to collectively help develop solutions for rural upliftment. This forum is a joint effort by the District of Creativity (DC) Network and the Creativity and Innovation Platform of Karnataka (CIPK).
- Networking: If you want to take a break from the talks, there is always the tradeshow where you can interact with other entrepreneurs and companies. For exhibitors in the ICT, electronics, and hardware fraternities, this is a great platform to showcase their technologies, products, and services and receive maximum exposure, and discover new avenues for collaboration.
- Speakers from around the startup world: An inspirational line-up of top industry leaders will be speaking at the event. These include Kris Gopalakrishnan (Infosys), Anant Maheshwari (Microsoft), R. Chandrasekhar (NASSCOM), Rama Vedashree (IBM), and Kunal Shah (Freecharge). Learn from the best as they share their own entrepreneurial experiences as well their views on the future of IT in the country.
This is just a tiny glimpse of the exciting opportunities in store for you at one of the most prestigious and vibrant business events of the year. So don’t forget to get your passes today. There are only limited seats available. Register today!
YourStory is a social media partner for BengaluruITE.biz.