Mark Cuban is famous for his outspokenness. Over the course of his career, he has spoken at length about his experience as an entrepreneur, a small businessman, and an investor. He has invested in dozens of small businesses, including SlideShare, Mahalo, IceRocket, and Flingo.
Image : shuterstock
Naturally, great experience comes with tremendous wisdom. Here are 25 quotes from this inspiring entrepreneur, Dallas Mavericks owner, and Shark Tank investor that are worth pondering over.
- “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
- “I’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet – I want to know who the morons are.”
- “Find something you love to do. If you don’t make money at it, at least you love going to work.”
- “The thrill of victory in business blows away the thrill of victory in sports. Business is a sport 24X7X365.”
- “Doesn’t matter how many times you fail; you only have to be right once.”
- “Every no gets me closer to a yes.”
- “If you can sell, you’ll never be unemployed.”
- “You’ve got to work like someone is trying to steal your business.”
- “Always wake up with a smile knowing that today you are going to have fun accomplishing what others are too afraid to do.”
- “Doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full. All that matters is that you are the one pouring the water.”
- “Creating opportunities means looking where others are not.”
- “Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you love. If you have an exit strategy, it’s not an obsession.”
- “The key is having great players. But there a lot of teams that have all-stars and haven’t been able to put it together.”
- “Treat your customers like they own you – because they do.”
- “It’s not in the dreaming, it’s in the doing.”
- “Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.”
- “If you’re looking where everybody else is looking, you’re looking in the wrong spot.”
- “The only thing any entrepreneur, salesperson, or anyone in any position can control is their effort.”
- “Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you.”
- “Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don’t do it.”
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.