There may be instances when your top-performing employee is far from his mark. When you notice the employee not turning in reports, missing deadlines, uninterested, you need to put in effective and innovative measures to get them back on the scale.
Here are a few ideas which can reinvigorate your top employee’s potential.
- Have a one-on-one conversation. Understand the root cause of the problem and then take corrective measures. If it is a personal issue, then allow the employee/s the time to recuperate.
- Sometimes, the employee may be irritated with the management itself. Many levels of bureaucracy or lack of positive feedback may be demoralising for an employee. If your top performer is honest about such facts, then it is time to retrospect about your system of management. Make it more efficient and supportive towards employees.
- Remind the employee why he or she was hired in the first place by your enterprise. Make them realise that their unique spark was missing from the assignments they had submitted recently. They must understand that the company functions as a whole, and not individually.
- If the employee feels a lack of challenge with regards to the work assigned, then consult with them about a possible transfer to another department. This will help them pick a nw skill and also present new challenges.
- If none of these measures give positive results, it may be time for you to decide to let go of the employee. Perhaps, the job was not a right fit for him or her, or the employee is not happy with the company and the type of work.
At the end of the day, every one looks for a viable solution. But if things do not work out, do not fret. There are plenty of fishes out there in the ocean.