What do Forus Health, Capillary Technologies, MoonFrog Labs, Coverfox, Innovaccer, and Little Eye Labs have in common?
They all belong to the long list of successful tech startups from India this decade, but they’re also TECH30 companies. Every year since 2010, YourStory has showcased 30 early-stage technology companies that have tremendous potential to be global successes—the TECH30.
The TECH30 are an integral part of TechSparks, India’s oldest and biggest tech startup summit and are chosen from thousands of applications that pour in from across the country. YourStory works with these companies in their journey to scale and succeed.
The exposure that the TECH30 receive at TechSparks is unrivalled, presenting before an audience of entrepreneurs, mentors, industry experts, and of course, investors. In the past seven years, the 210 companies featured as part of this elite club have collectively gone on to raise nearly $750 million in funding, or completed successful exits.
In fact, Krishna Mehra, Co-founder of Capillary Technologies and himself a Tech30 alumnus, has invested in two Tech30 startups:
More than 2,500 startups applied to be a part of Tech30 in 2016, and the number seems to be growing. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now. Applications are open until 11:59 PM on Sunday, August 20, 2017.
Once you make it to the TECH30 2017 list, you get a host of privileges, including:
- Time on the centre-stage at TechSparks 2017 to present your startup to the world
- Dedicated meetings with TechSparks partners (media, investors, mentors and others)
- A chance to win prizes for your pitches (stay tuned for more details on the goodies to be won)
Here’s a quick look at what last year’s TECH30 companies took home after presenting to the audience at India’s biggest tech startup summit.
And, of course, you get a ringside view of everything that TechSparks 2017 has to offer – round-tables, workshops, mentorship sessions and some amazing talks and discussions from the who’s-who of India’s entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Unlike other platforms where showcasing startups is the last (or the only) stage of association, putting together the TECH30 is merely the beginning of the journey for us. Apply to be a part of TECH30 today.
Once you’re done, head over here to check out what TechSparks 2017 has in store for you. Know someone who should apply to be a part of TECH30? Send them this link today.
TECH30 selection criteria
- Extent of product innovation (defensibility & utilisation of technology)
- Market potential (target audience, competition, potential to scale, regulatory environment & path to profit)
- Team strength (founder backgrounds, core team strengths, team composition)
- Revenue model (value generated, sustainability, long-tail profit/margins/gains)
- Stage in the lifecycle of the product/company (customer traction, product version, development timeline (versions, variants, newer products), plans for expansion)
YourStory’s annual TECH30 Report is published right after TechSparks and is India’s first benchmarking document for early-stage technology ventures, based on a series of data points captured from over 2,000 technology startups across India.
[ALSO: Click here to book exhibits at TechSparks 2017]
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.
- Capillary Technologies
- Forus Health
- tech startup
- Moonfrog Labs
- TechSparks 2017
- startup event