YS digest: A quick wrap-up of stories on TuesdayTeam YS
31st Jan 2018
Here's a quick list of stories to kickstart your day with YourStory.
Local goes global
- In top news, Sindhu Kashyap reports how home-grown taxi aggregator Ola is eyeing an international expansion starting with Australia. Ola has already begun on-boarding private-hire vehicles and driver-partners in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth, she reports.
Partnerships and collaborations
- Tarush Bhalla writes about how PhonePe's partnership with Visa will now allow payment of credit card bills on the app using multiple bank accounts, and at no additional charge.
Decoding government speak
- Decoding the Economic Survey 2018, Sohini Mitter finds that the document hints at the current telecom ‘crisis’ being triggered by ‘new entrant’ Reliance Jio.
More on govt documents
- This year’s Economic Survey was dedicated to women’s empowerment, writes Binjal Shah. In line with the worldwide conversation surrounding gender justice and equality, the Survey had an overt theme this year – calling out the patriarchy in India, and stating how it affects socio-economic dynamics.
- Exciting updates say Alibaba will leverage cloud and ecommerce at PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games 2018 and Beijing 2022 Olympics, reports Harshith Mallya.
- Libza Mannan explores how companies are taking employee benefits seriously, and Advantage Club is helping them with discount coupons and loyalty points as rewards.
Report an issue