Let’s hack a better tomorrow: calling corporate partners for an India-wide hackathonTeam YS
YourStory and 91springboard in association with Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is proud to present an India-wide hackathon for social good, with the aim to create powerful and inspiring solutions to today’s most pressing problems. It aspires to be a platform that fosters partnerships between India’s thriving corporate sector and India’s robust entrepreneurial force to drive innovation for greater good.
The hackathon will bring together some of the finest minds from India’s startup, tech and student ecosystem to compete and generate new ideas across the following sectors:
- Transport & mobility
- Clean energy
- Clean tech
- Women Empowerment
- Financial services
- Housing/smart living
- Industry 4.0
As a corporate partner, you could cherry-pick a problem statement from the above that’s most relevant to your line of business.
6 ways the partnership could be relevant for you as a corporate
Ideas are the lifeblood of a company. But the best ideas often don’t necessarily have to be home-grown – they could be the result of collaboration. By building effective partnerships with outside organisations, encouraging internal team-building and fostering innovation, your innovations become not only unique, but meaningful too.
- As a corporate, you could have a business development department that is looking for new innovations
- You could be a business looking to work with start-ups or interested in expanding your portfolio
- You could have a CSR department that is either already working with incubators and social enterprises as part of your 2% CSR mandate or are looking to expand your portfolio
- You could have a procurement department looking for new suppliers
- You could have a corporate affairs department working with social enterprises and interested in expanding your portfolio
- You could be looking to spot upcoming innovations and engage with the talented young individuals that are creating them.
5 hackathons across 5 cities
The hackathon will kick start with 4 regional knockout hackathons across four of India’s tech and startup-rich cities namely Bangalore, Delhi, Goa & Hyderabad – each with their own unique corporate partners and the problem areas as defined by them. The national-level hackathon in Mumbai, will see the regional winners face-off in a grand finale.
To know more about the corporate partnership possibilities, get in touch with us here.