Marketing trends keep on changing time to time and this time, they have adopted a rapid pace. In fact, some marketers believe that the marketing methodologies have totally changed in the past 2 years in comparison to that were 50 years ago.
And in today’s world of Internet of Things, digital marketing is in trend. Even, most of the startups are accomplishing their marketing goals considering this strategy. However, not all the efforts towards digital marketing strategy are equally effective. So, let us look at the most promising one so that you can benefit your startup with it and adopt it to boost the growth of your business.
In this post, I am sharing some of the best digital marketing practices for startups so that after reading this you can have a clear picture in your mind as to how you can become profitable in the industry.
1. Email Marketing: Email Marketing has struggled a lot with the predictions of its death in the marketing world some time ago. However, emails are still around and email marketing strategy is still delivering a handsome return on investment to the marketers.
As per a recent survey conducted by the Demand Metric and the Data & Marketing Association (DMA), the email marketing strategies have resulted an impressive ROI up to 122%. This rate is four times higher than other marketing channels that were analyzed. Some of those channels included direct mailing, paid searches and social media constituting an important part of online marketing.
Which startup would deny receiving this kind of ROI through email marketing? The best thing about this strategy is that you do not have to pay anything to run an online marketing campaign.
2. Social Media Marketing: These days, social media marketing has emerged as a powerful tool for the businesses.
According to the reports from Social Media Examiner, 90% of businesses and individuals have adopted social media marketing channels to stand out in the online world firmly. 89% of the marketers have given credit to their social media initiatives to generate increased exposure for their companies.
In my view, it is the second most powerful channel for the startups to go with. Here comes its benefits:
• It increases traffic and exposure
• It helps in developing loyal customers
• It improves SERPs and generates leads
• It establishes thought leadership
• It helps in increasing sales
3. Pay-Per-Click Marketing (Google AdWords): PPC marketing is an efficient search engine advertising strategy to bring visitors to your website. It has also emerged as a powerful tool to generate sales-ready leads. In fact, no startup should ignore this strategy of marketing into its plan.
There are many practical advantages of Pay-Per-Click advertising that include:
• You can reach your customers with the right ad and on the right time
• You will earn a higher rate on investment as you will pay only when an interested person clicks the ads
• You can have control over your ad spending
• No need to wait for long for the results
• You can get data and insights to improve other marketing strategies
4. Search Engine Optimization: After creating an awesome designed website and creating service pages, you cannot remain assured of getting visitor’s traffic on the site.
You are not alone in your niche. Your site has competition with hundreds of other websites in the same niche. You will have to find the ways so that your website can come up on the top position on search engines for the relevant keywords of your business. This is what Search Engine Optimization (SEO) brings.
When your website comes on top of the Google’s SERPs when your potential customers search for your relevant keywords related to your products and services, it suggests others that you are a reputable company.
SEO strategies not just increased web traffic to your website but also builds trust.
Hence, for every startup, SEO is a must and it can be achieved simply by hiring a reputable digital marketing agency.
5. Influencer Marketing: Today, the influencer marketing is in the marketing trend. A study revealed that 84% of the marketers are expected to launch at least one campaign related to influencer marketing in the next 12 months.
Over 94% of the marketers have accepted influencer marketing as an effective marketing strategy as per today’s perspective.
Results suggest that it has proved to be an effective tool for the startups to establish their brands. The best thing with this strategy is that it is quite inexpensive in comparison to other traditional marketing channels.
6. Content Marketing: For the businesses these days, content marketing has emerged as another essential tool whether you are into B2B or B2C domain in business.
According to the survey results, 90% of the B2B organizations are extremely committed towards content marketing efforts for their business. 88% of the B2B marketers agree that content marketing has proved to be an important part of their marketing program.
Why is content marketing so effective?
Effective contents reflect that you have mapped your buyer’s journey and so your target audience love to read what you bring to them to solve their problems. This ultimately builds trust and increases conversion rates.
7. Retargeting Ads: You have started your firm because you were so sure of your business idea. Also, it was your business idea and you believed on it.
But your potential customers might not be convinced with visiting your website. They need one or more nudges before they chose you as their seller.
Hence retargeting ads becomes an appropriate solution.
So, here completes the list of some effective strategies that a startup should rely on to achieve better digital marketing results.
Parth Bari is a Digital Marketer at Kunsh Technologies. Social Media Professional and App Writer for all the Web Development and Mobile App Development resources related to iOS and Android platforms. Years of experience to work for Search Engine Marketing, web promotion market research and analysis.