You have the abs to flaunt and the muscles to flex, but how much do you really know about your body! Fyi, a human body has more than 650 muscles, but tongue is the only muscles that’s attached to just one end. We bet you didn’t know that!
June 08, 2017
• Brisk walking burns almost as much calories as jogging for the same distance.
• Underwater swimming is the only time you should hold your breath to exercise.
• The largest muscle in a human body is gluteus maximus (booty to be precise!). The strongest, however, is calf muscles and jaw is the one that exerts most pressure.
• When you lose your fat, it leaves your body via your… breath! Yeah, that’s right! Fat is actually released as carbon dioxide when you exhale.
• Heart takes a rest between each beat and over a normal lifespan, it stays still for nearly 20 years!
• More calories are burnt in the 23 hours of the day than during a 1-hour workout session.
• The word gymnasium comes from Greek word, ‘gymnazein’, which translates to ‘to exercise naked’.
• If all the 650 plus muscles are pulled in one direction, a human body could lift 25 tonnes i.e. 25,000 kilograms!
• The blood in the arteries runs with enough pressure to lift the column up to 5 feet into the air.